Main Menu

"Z"verb

Started by Lordedubs, Dec 18, 2008, 04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edubs

I am sure this question has been ask laods of times but I must know what reverb is being used on Jim's Voice on Z. More specifically Wordless, Gideon and Off the Record, I am crazy in love withthis album and have bought several copies to give out as gifts durring the holidays, but if anyone knows the answer to this question and is willing to share it will me I will be most gracious. thanks again.

kydiddle

QuoteI am sure this question has been ask laods of times but I must know what reverb is being used on Jim's Voice on Z. More specifically Wordless, Gideon and Off the Record, I am crazy in love withthis album and have bought several copies to give out as gifts durring the holidays, but if anyone knows the answer to this question and is willing to share it will me I will be most gracious. thanks again.

God was tired of the crap music scene so he blessed Jim with the ability to craft beautiful songs:

I am also handing out some MMJ as a Christmas gifts.  ;)
Cow temperature.

Edubs

well I supoose I should have put in a diety clause to rule out act of god.

tomEisenbraun

hmmm...
I'm not entirely sure, but I have a feeling a lot of it was natural reverb judging by the immensity of some of the rooms in Allaire...
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Weeks Go by Like Days

Ancient Chinese secret my friend.... ;)

Grateful Chabo

QuoteI am sure this question has been ask laods of times but I must know what reverb is being used on Jim's Voice on Z. More specifically Wordless, Gideon and Off the Record, I am crazy in love withthis album and have bought several copies to give out as gifts durring the holidays, but if anyone knows the answer to this question and is willing to share it will me I will be most gracious. thanks again.

that should be an excellent gift for any Zless soul
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul."

librarian

God was tired of the crap music scene so he blessed Jim with the ability to craft beautiful songs:

I am also handing out some MMJ as a Christmas gifts.  ;)

That makes sense. They are not of this world.
Why's it so strange when they say that the world's movin' upwards?

Isobella

The Z album was recorded in the Great Hall of Allaire Studios with a 90,000 cubic foot natural reverb chamber according to wikki entry.

You can come close with outboard gear like the alesis quadreverb or Lexicon 960, TC Electronic System 6000 , Yamaha SPX2000.