What Songs = What Diseases/Medication

Started by AlexanderD10, Jan 03, 2009, 10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlwxanderD10

Off The Record= Aids
Strangulation= An  Allergic Reaction to Shrimp :)  

Any Other Ideas??

hizzo

Am I the only one that doesn't get it?
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

Sassbox

It's been read 82 times and responded to once so...probably not.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

hizzo

One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

songdiver

WHAT A WONDERFUL MAN = I NEED SOME FUCKING ACID(aka reaching higher levels of consciousness) and the medication is in the lyrics, according to my interpretation...the lyrics are "I was wanting some ICE CREAM.  He knew exactly what I meant."  

I have heard different people refer to "ice cream" as pure LSD, which would be very intimidating to those good old dogmatic no-fun folks, but the fact that the linear notes actually have quotation marks around "ice cream," followed by... "HE KNEW EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT," indicates based on simple logic that the ice cream he was speaking of was not just regular yummy cold ice cream.  I posted something similar I think a while back but people thought I was stupid, but at least I attempt to find meaning of songs rather than not look at the lyrics and think this song is about Jesus, which some people think.  Unless Jesus was in the car and "popped a tape in the dash of his car," then I don't think it is about Jesus, unless Jim was tripping hard on acid and thought the person was Jesus Christ, which is equally awesome, but anyway.................................................................................................................................................................................................

in a related story, Irvine Robbins, the co-founder of the Baskin-Robbins ice cream empire, has died at 90 on May 6th of 2008.........

"There was really no such thing anyplace as a pure ice cream store," Robbins said in 1985. "I just had the crazy idea that somebody ought to open a store that sold nothing but ice cream, and could do it in an outstanding way."  -Irvine Robbins
"where we are, in the blink of an eye you get several meanings"

kydiddle

Cow temperature.

ycartrob

Demon Eyes

Run Thru = Diarrhea

That's a brilliant post songdiver.

Bigsky

jones

I will never get the time back for reading this.

ycartrob

Into the Woods = Psychogenic polydipsia