Live from the Palms on Jan. 13th

Started by NoVa_NoLa, Jan 08, 2009, 01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xmascriminal

EDIT: Also reminds me also of that song PJ covered around 12 years ago or so about the soldier... Last Kiss maybe... I remember listening to it riding the bus to high school... Fuck i'm getting old!

That'd be Soldier of Love, the b-side of Last Kiss. Great single IMO. I know many PJ fans who disagree.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteI really like this.Are they gonna release on CD,with packaging? Sorry if already answered but I haven't read the entire thread.

itunes only. no CD, no vinyl.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

CTdeadhead

Folks if you haven't already, but it now, it is gorgeous.  

capt. scotty

Talk about being late to the party....hopefully some candles are still lit and some panties still dry  :D

I guess I need to check out the MMJ part of the forum more often than once every full moon

Saw it on iTunes today only because it was on the homepage smack dab at the top of their new releases. I saw it was #9 on the top albums too. That rawks  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Clips sound great....def gotta download this tomorrow!!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Erik26

Why can i not find it on(at?) itunes store. Is it only available to US residents? I would just loose my mind should that be the case.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteWhy can i not find it on(at?) itunes store. Is it only available to US residents? I would just loose my mind should that be the case.

That seems to be the case.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Erik26

ADMIN why the F is this the case? I can get all the other shitty live from palms shows. Is there a way to get around this BS that anyone knows of. I am one angry Canadian right now!!!!!!
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TGMC421

ultravisitor

Too bad this is an iTunes exclusive.  I have never bought anything from the iTunes store, and I never will.  I simply refuse.  I never even open the program.

ritchiem4812

QuoteToo bad this is an iTunes exclusive.  I have never bought anything from the iTunes store, and I never will.  I simply refuse.  I never even open the program.

Well then you miss out on a great EP.

el_chode

QuoteToo bad this is an iTunes exclusive.  I have never bought anything from the iTunes store, and I never will.  I simply refuse.  I never even open the program.

Well then you miss out on a great EP.

i broke my philosophical ban on itunes for this. you should too.
I'm surrounded by assholes

ultravisitor

I'm fine with missing out on it.  There's always the chance that iTunes will lose its exclusivity after a few years.  And if not, the band will have another release eventually that will capture my attention.

MarkW

QuoteWhy can i not find it on(at?) itunes store. Is it only available to US residents? I would just loose my mind should that be the case.

That seems to be the case.

I bought it with no problems in the UK...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

kydiddle

QuoteI'm fine with missing out on it.  There's always the chance that iTunes will lose its exclusivity after a few years.  And if not, the band will have another release eventually that will capture my attention.

I really wish you would buy it.   :-/ You're missing out on some fine quality music.
Cow temperature.

ultravisitor

I'm sure it's good.  But I'm also sure it's only on iTunes right now.  So no thanks.  If everybody drops their objection to iTunes whenever they want an exclusive, then that only helps iTunes continue its monopolization of such content.

It's a no go for me.  I'll live.

jones

QuoteI'm sure it's good.  But I'm also sure it's only on iTunes right now.  So no thanks.  If everybody drops their objection to iTunes whenever they want an exclusive, then that only helps iTunes continue its monopolization of such content.

It's a no go for me.  I'll live.

... and a single tear hits the keyboard

ultravisitor

People, don't worry.  The band most likely makes a lot more money from touring and merchandising.  I spent a lot of money when I saw them last month.  I got it covered in that respect.

ultravisitor

Oh, and for those of you who do buy it, be careful if you ever decide to share it with anyone:

QuoteBe warned: your account information is stored in every file
Although iTunes Plus files feature no copy protection, files downloaded still contain the email address you have registered with iTunes. So although files can physically be shared with, and played by, friends and family, any of your purchases that end up on file-sharing networks, for example, can be traced back to you.

If you're interested in an easy way to check your own files, find an iTunes Plus file on your computer. Then choose to open it with a text editor (Windows Notepad works fine). It'll take a while to open and will appear to be full of nonsense text, but if you choose the 'Find' option and type in the email address you have registered with the iTunes Store, you'll find that your DRM-free music is not personal information-free.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/digitalmusic/0,39029432,49300555,00.htm

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteOh, and for those of you who do buy it, be careful if you ever decide to share it with anyone:

QuoteBe warned: your account information is stored in every file
Although iTunes Plus files feature no copy protection, files downloaded still contain the email address you have registered with iTunes. So although files can physically be shared with, and played by, friends and family, any of your purchases that end up on file-sharing networks, for example, can be traced back to you.

If you're interested in an easy way to check your own files, find an iTunes Plus file on your computer. Then choose to open it with a text editor (Windows Notepad works fine). It'll take a while to open and will appear to be full of nonsense text, but if you choose the 'Find' option and type in the email address you have registered with the iTunes Store, you'll find that your DRM-free music is not personal information-free.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/digitalmusic/0,39029432,49300555,00.htm

itunes can suck my dick, they don't deserve any of my money in the first place.  the fucking middle men in music need to shut the fuck up already.  let the bands make music and then distribute it.  I bought this but if they sued me because I let my friend listen to it that seems insanely desperate.  fuck them.  mmj should have gotten the full 6bucks instead of like .75cents divided 5 ways or however the fuck that shit works out.  

the new tunes are awesome and worth the purchase.  wish/hope the band was or is getting a good percentage of the profits for it.