Future of Evil Urges

Started by js0221717, Jan 14, 2009, 08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChronicHunger

So the main question i have with the new material is, Will any of the songs turn into crazy jams like past albums?  TTF you got war begun. At Dawn, Phone went west and honest man, It still moves, steam engine magheeta, Z dondante lay lord and off the record. What EU is lacking is a good jam out , So will there be songs off EU that will morph into a jam? I would like to see the little riff solo thing in smokin from shootin stretched out, that would be killer, any others?  

xmascriminal

I think I'm Amazed could become even more epic. The title track has some potential for a spacey, Off-the-Record-style jam. I can imagine Remnants being pretty huge too.

g-con

Maybe Touch Me I'm going to Scream Pt. 2?
"Any book is a children's book if the kid can read."  -  Mitch Hedberg

ChronicHunger

remnants good very well morph into a guitarmeggedon, i would love to see another solo at the end of im amazed

The DARK

Maybe a 10-minute noise jam at the end of Smokin?
In another time, in another place, in another face

AllyDee

The breakdown in Evil Urges has so much potential to be an epic jam

like the way they've been doing Dondante lately

kydiddle

QuoteMaybe a 10-minute noise jam at the end of Smokin?

I hope you're not being smart, because that's my favorite song on the album and that was the first one I thought of to get a sweet ass jam...

:drool:
Cow temperature.

el_chode

I think both Touch Me II and Highly Suspicious have the seeds laid for jam-outs. There's that cutting guitar the cuts in at the end, slicing your dermis off with notes so hot they cauterize the blood vessels so you don't bleed out but it also leaves you wanting for more.

With that said, I believe there has to be quite a bit of "extra" music cut from that album that may have similar potential. I think it was the Spin magazine with Jim saying that there were a lot of songs he/they liked a lot that didn't make the final cut, so much so that they weren't sure what to make of it all.

As I said in the Phish thread - EU is what I consider to be their first Phish-like album, and I don't mean to draw comparisons, but I consider the whole album to be infinitely better live than in the studio.

I also think that Smokin' from Shooting could turn into one of those chilling type songs with a goose-bumping bridge into Touch Me II into the king of all outros.
I'm surrounded by assholes

nickdavies7

I think Aluminum Park, it has that early MMJ feelin to it.

Also Smokin' From Shootin'
Signatures are over rated

TEO

My evil urges are alive and well and will probably continue into the future... ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

BadfooT

I always think the solo in Thank You Too needs to be stretched out.

stevenflow1989

I have a hard time thinking of anything off of EU being extended ala War Begun, Dondante, Off the Record,, etc, but if I had to pick one I would say Remnants. Extremely rocking and underrated.

I think Smoking from Shooting will almost, if not always, be followed by Touch me pt 2, so I suppose you can consider that an extended song.

BH

I'd like to see a Touch Me Part ONE epic.   I could listen to the end of that song over and over and over and over.....

I need a human right by my side, untied.......
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

I think that title track could have a mind blowing extended jam

Touch Me II could also turn into a 20 minute rug cutting festivus
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

AMightyCaporal

QuoteI'd like to see a Touch Me Part ONE epic.   I could listen to the end of that song over and over and over and over.....

I need a human right by my side, untied.......

dig that.

i love highly  suspicious the way it is- there are so many face melting jams- so many times you are blown away- evil urges gives us something different, I kind of like that.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side