Monsters Of Folk put off until 2010???

Started by Love_Dog, Jan 19, 2009, 02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love Dogg

In the Smoking Section of the latest issue of Rolling Stone (sorry, can't find a link) M. Ward says his new album comes out in February and he's working on more demos with Zoey Deshanel and that the Monsters of Folk collab with Jim and Coner Oberst will be put off until 2010.

If this is true, does this mean we will see some Jim solo gigs in 2009?  Maybe more Jacket than we thought?  Or maybe just another hiatus?
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

xmascriminal

I always predicted the new Jacket album and Monsters of Folk would both come out in 2010. I'm guessing there'll be a hiatus next year, as Jim has said he wants time to write. That being said, I think a few festival gigs are probably in the cards considering MMJ's increased level of fame lately.

goose

Hooked on four like one, two, three

alexzbik

damm i was really hoping for a Monsters of Folk set @ Roo this summer
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

songdiver

give me a break.  if another she & him album comes out before the james/oberst/ward album comes, there will be hell to pay.  Out of protest I will not listen to any album from these 3 musicians for 3 full days.

But seriously, let's get the monsters of folk in action before more work with the actress.  Come on, make the great music first, and then back to the cute little she & him gig.
"where we are, in the blink of an eye you get several meanings"

Ghosts_on_TV

It's been known for a while that it is coming out in 2010. Plus, no one ever said it was coming out in '09, so it's not really pushed back.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

Penny Lane

my friend bet me my VIP bonnaroo ticket today that MMJ were playing---if i lose, i have to drive the whole way from NJ--it's a win/win for me...but he heard something that led him to believe this?

i don't think they're playing but maybe i'm wrong? i was sure MOF album would come out but now that it's postponed, should we be getting psyched for a ROO slot?? i was sure they'd take time off because there's no way they can top 2006, 2008 and NYE show--no matter what...??

LoveDog-Goose--definite road trip!! you'll make better time w/out the tuxedos lol.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

goose

Tuxedos will be a little warm for June heat in Tennessee.  If they are there, I am definitely there.  Me and the lady friend will definitely make the trip for some late night tunes.

vespachick

Quotemy friend bet me my VIP bonnaroo ticket today that MMJ were playing---if i lose, i have to drive the whole way from NJ--it's a win/win for me...but he heard something that led him to believe this?

i don't think they're playing but maybe i'm wrong? i was sure MOF album would come out but now that it's postponed, should we be getting psyched for a ROO slot?? i was sure they'd take time off because there's no way they can top 2006, 2008 and NYE show--no matter what...??

LoveDog-Goose--definite road trip!! you'll make better time w/out the tuxedos lol.

I better gas up the 4-runner. :-?
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Love Dogg

Quotemy friend bet me my VIP bonnaroo ticket today that MMJ were playing---if i lose, i have to drive the whole way from NJ--it's a win/win for me...but he heard something that led him to believe this?

This is a dilema I wish I could avoid.  I didn't want to go back to Bonnaroo, damn it.  And I didn't figure the Jacket would play this year.  But if they do...or if Jim plays...I guess I'll have no choice, huh?  Maybe a one day pass?   :-?

"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Ghosts_on_TV

This is a dilema I wish I could avoid.  I didn't want to go back to Bonnaroo, damn it.  And I didn't figure the Jacket would play this year.  But if they do...or if Jim plays...I guess I'll have no choice, huh?  Maybe a one day pass?   :-?

They don't have one day passes.

goose

As of this year?  They have had them in the past.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteAs of this year?  They have had them in the past.

I'm fairly sure they haven't.

goose

Yeah they had them in the past.  We met people last year that had day passes.  Separate parking outside, and they walked in for the day.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteYeah they had them in the past.  We met people last year that had day passes.  Separate parking outside, and they walked in for the day.

I think they were lying to you. We can agree to disagree though.

Sassbox

No, there definitely weren't day passes (I checked in to it as my friend was in town for just one day).
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.