acoustic citsuoca pitchfork review

Started by doeslittle, Feb 02, 2009, 09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doEVILslittle

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/20139-my-morning-jacket-acoustic-citsuoca-ep

Is it just me or does this just NOT happen on this recording? Fuggin p-fork hacks.

"There's a laidback, unrehearsed feel to most of it, particularly the three stripped-down solo tracks. Around the two-minute mark in a run through At Dawn's unrelentingly gorgeous "Bermuda Highway", James slips for a second on his acoustic and utters a barely audible little "oop!", and soon after that, almost bursts out laughing as he sings the verse twice by mistake."

kydiddle

Quotehttp://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/20139-my-morning-jacket-acoustic-citsuoca-ep

Is it just me or does this just NOT happen on this recording? Fuggin p-fork hacks.

"There's a laidback, unrehearsed feel to most of it, particularly the three stripped-down solo tracks. Around the two-minute mark in a run through At Dawn's unrelentingly gorgeous "Bermuda Highway", James slips for a second on his acoustic and utters a barely audible little "oop!", and soon after that, almost bursts out laughing as he sings the verse twice by mistake."

Unless I'm completely dense, I haven't heard that on the record and I've listened to it a lot.
Cow temperature.

axround3r

seemed like a positive review to me  :-?

rcs

I read that review awhile back and wondered the same thing.  I've listened to that album multiple times and just don't hear it.  Guess that's Pitchfork for ya.  ::)

tomEisenbraun

right at 2:14. though i'm pretty sure the double chorus was intended? actually, i can hear the little bit of laughter they're referring to. maybe it was an accident, and they had a little bit of an inside scoop into it?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

doEVILslittle

i think at 2:14 it's just the OH that jim digs down deep in his gullet to reach...it's just how the song goes i always thought