Q & A with Caleb Followill in Rolling Stone

Started by buymycar, Jan 25, 2009, 03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buymycar

Q:  Do you guys like to jam on covers during rehearsals?

A:  We did a Pretenders song for a VH1 special.  And we play a pretty good version of Joy Division's "Transmission."  When I heard that My Morning Jacket and Eddie Vedder did the Band song "It Makes No Difference," I literally wanted to die.  My Morning Jacket always do stuff right before we get a chance to.  I was like, "Damn it, they got us again!"  Somebody suggested we do "Sweet Home Alabama" at the Garden - I told them to fuck off.

axround3r

goose

That's because Jim uses the force to fuck with everyone else's gigs
Hooked on four like one, two, three

Love Dogg

I think it's neat that My Morning Jacket and Kings of Leon are often times not associated at all in most people's minds, but for someone like me, I always think of them as The Beatles and The Stones for our generation.  I think the Kings admire the Jacket a little more-so though...as it should be.  

Thanks for posting.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

LEATHER KID

Caleb's brother Nathan has said that jacket is one of his favorite bands.  I also chatted with Nathan and their cousin Nacho at Bonnaroo last year about how they were really pissed they missed the epic show the night before.
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

Hubcap

QuoteQ:  Do you guys like to jam on covers during rehearsals?

A:  We did a Pretenders song for a VH1 special.  And we play a pretty good version of Joy Division's "Transmission."  When I heard that My Morning Jacket and Eddie Vedder did the Band song "It Makes No Difference," I literally wanted to die.  My Morning Jacket always do stuff right before we get a chance to.  I was like, "Damn it, they got us again!"  Somebody suggested we do "Sweet Home Alabama" at the Garden - I told them to fuck off.

They got you again?  You're not even in the same league, dude.  Quite possibly not even playing the same game.

come on there a pretty damn good band, there live show doesnt compare to mmj but you have to say they put out some good music.

Janet

KOL is a pretty damned good band, and put on a great live show, but I concur that they are not even in the same league as MMJ.