The Grammy's!!

Started by goldenlady, Feb 06, 2009, 04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldenlady

Do you think the guys will win????

Do you think they will make it there from Japan???

I wish they were performing!!!

BH

No, Yes, Me Too!   ;)

I wish I was in attendance so I could chant "MY MORNING JACKET" and then booooo if they don't win and heckle the winner when they give there acceptance speech. ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

lasvegas

Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

MickeyReds

QuoteDo you think the guys will win????

Do you think they will make it there from Japan???

I wish they were performing!!!

YES!
YES!
THEY WILL! ;)
As long as you keep a straight face...

Janet

I don't really care if they win or not.  It doesn't make them a better band or a lesser band.  

the sun and moon

I of course, know that it wouldn't make them any better or worse, I just think it would be great if they won. It would be a surprise if they did, because I know that the Grammy board members are just not that cool to go and make a wise decision like that. Assholes just don't think that way. I mean, just look at the rest of the nominees...................................................yeah, that's what I thought.

st. john

My Morning Jacket 'Evil Urges'

ATO
It's been a big year for new-millennial jam-band My Morning Jacket: a Grammy nomination and a spot on my list of 2008's 10 Most Disappointing Albums. Evil Urges found the long-haired Louisvillians out to reinvent themselves. Shrugging off their long-worn shroud of Americana, the album found Jim James and co trying on a varying array of stylistic masks; dabbling in doo-wop, Prince-lite funk, hoary prog, neutered boogie-rock, and kitsch keyboard fetishism. It sounds a lot like the band's having a hell of a good time, but hearing other people goof off is rarely a rewarding listening experience. Yet, for whatever reason, this comedy struck a chord with Grammy voters, and, well, here we are. Still, I'd classify them as rank outsiders.

st. john

above attributable to :

2008 Grammy 'Best Alternative Album' Form Guide

By Anthony Carew, About.com

xmascriminal

Records that are fun suck I guess. No Ramones for this guy.