What song do I keep hearing on SiriusXM?

Started by husley, Feb 23, 2009, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

husley

I have been turned on to this band by Sirius.   They played a song yesterday but I cannot remember the name of the song and I am striking out finding it on Itunes.

The song has a instrumental portion at the end that it is somewhat slow and will be very fun to enjoy after a few drinks and/or......

capt. scotty

umm, yeahhh....youre probably going to have to give more info than that it has a somewhat slow outro
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

xmascriminal

The DARK

QuoteOff the Record maybe?

That would make the most sense.
In another time, in another place, in another face

tomEisenbraun

Either that or they're plowin out some Knot Comes Loose from the most frivolously anticipated EP of this spring...
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

The DARK

Or maybe Touch Me Pt. 2...the meat of that song isn't included in most preview clips.
In another time, in another place, in another face

capt. scotty

QuoteOff the Record maybe?

That would make the most sense.

Is OTR's outro that slow though really?! I guess the studio version is slower the live, but not sure Id call it slow.

It probably is either that or Touch Me Twice, but I would call either one "slow"....just saying, not sprayin
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

tomEisenbraun

i wouldn't say the outro of OTR is slow so much as maybe 'chill', but compared to the rest of the song, it definitely has a much slower vibe to it?

el_chode

Knowing Sirius and its ample amount of suck lately, they're still spinning off the record, unless it's Chill Channel 35, where they play Knot Comes Loose daily, which is awesome, since that channel is mainly a lot of downbeat, ambience, and trance music.

Otherwise, Jam_ON is a big fan of Mahgeetah, Dancefloors, and OBH (all live, of course)

The AAA station loves I'm Amazed

And the indie station/alt-rock station plays a healthy amount of Off the Record. Maybe they've finally expanded

Either way, check http://www.dogstarradio.com/search_playlist.php

EDIT: Not that off the record sucks, it's just that they don't always pick the BEST MMJ song to play ad nauseum
I'm surrounded by assholes

el_chode

Here's the past few days:

18      My Morning Jacket      Evil Urges      (Spectrum)
29      My Morning Jacket      Librarian      (The Loft)
26      My Morning Jacket      Wordless Chorus       (SIRIUSXM U)
17      My Morning Jacket      Dancefloors (Jam_ON)
18      My Morning Jacket      I'm Amazed (Spectrum)
30      My Morning Jacket      Golden (The Coffee House)
17      My Morning Jacket      Mahgeetah       (Jam_ON)
I'm surrounded by assholes

BadfooT

QuoteEither that or they're plowin out some Knot Comes Loose from the most frivolously anticipated EP of this spring...

Are you talking about candles and panties?  If so you threw me because we have another month before spring.

tomEisenbraun

aMillionDreams

I don't know how to get in contact with Athens, but you might share this article with it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_(season)

QuoteAccording to the astronomical definition, spring begins on the Vernal Equinox (usually March 21 in the Northern Hemisphere, and September 21 in the Southern Hemisphere), and lasts until the summer solstice (usually June 22 in the Northern Hemisphere and December 22 in the Southern Hemisphere).

btw, why do you describe the EP as "frivolously anticipated"?  You didn't enjoy the new EP?
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

megalicious

Quotehahaha, tell that to Athens, GA...

the high in tuscaloosa today is 65.
8-)
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Clarkwork

It's Off the Record, I've heard it played twice on Alt Nation the past week.  Not sure why they have played that one, but it caught my attention when they did.  They usually only play newer tunes.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

alexzbik

El Caporal has been playing on Sirius XMU quite a bit lately also
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

tomEisenbraun

QuoteI don't know how to get in contact with Athens, but you might share this article with it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_(season)

QuoteAccording to the astronomical definition, spring begins on the Vernal Equinox (usually March 21 in the Northern Hemisphere, and September 21 in the Southern Hemisphere), and lasts until the summer solstice (usually June 22 in the Northern Hemisphere and December 22 in the Southern Hemisphere).

btw, why do you describe the EP as "frivolously anticipated"?  You didn't enjoy the new EP?

High of 65º tomorrow sounds a lot more like Spring than waiting for March 25 to show up...

;)

Also, I think I was going by feel rather than meaning on that one. I think I probably meant something more like feverishly anticipated, though I can't quite say. Definitely intended something with a little bit of frantic to it. Hmmm...