MMJ 'El Caporal' On Compilation Album 2/17/09

Started by KY_Kid, Jan 15, 2009, 01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

Don't forget the proceeds go to fight aids!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

QuoteDon't forget the proceeds go to fight aids!

I have aids.....wheres my money??
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

knicks4champs

This compilation is going to be awesome.

capt. scotty

QuoteI wouldn't listen to it, but I would be happy to know your personal opinion.  :)

For lack of a better word, it's:

They seriously have never wrote a song that sounds at all like this..as the title may suggest, it has a little spanish flava.

lyric excerpt:
"slide...thru your life
straight...like a knife
sway...when you dance
play a game...in your pants"

:D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

CC

people, don't post any download links please.
you know why.
thank you very much!

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ChiefOKONO

Excellent news, first the EP, now this!  thank you.. can't wait to hear!!!

Bigsky

Quotepeople, don't post any download links please.
you know why.
thank you very much!

Good going people...are we really this dumb and disrespectiful of the boys.  >:(

larxyz

Don't let your silly dreams, fall in between, the cracks of the bed and the wall.

AllyDee

BH

Anybody listen to the Spoon song today?  Awesome.  Great way to kick off disc two which looks to be a little more upbeat than disc one.  (Just a guess.)  From what I heard of disc one this is going to be amazing, just amazing.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

Today is Yo La Tengo.   Great song.

Tommorow, Cat Power doing Amazing Grace. :o

ALady

Ohhh, this YLT song is really pretty.   :)  Sounds like it could have been on "And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out"
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

MickeyReds

QuoteAgain: Holy shit I can't wait for this.
Holy shit is WAY better than UNHOLY shit
As long as you keep a straight face...

BH

BH

Great version of Lua, one of my favorite Conor songs up today with Gillian Welch.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteGreat version of Lua, one of my favorite Conor songs up today with Gillian Welch.

It is pretty awesome.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

dragonboy

My order status just changed to 'shipping soon'!

Slightly worrying reviews in the UK press - 2/5 in Q & 3/5 in Uncut. I don't really care for Q but Uncut is a good magazine.

Nevermind, it's the Jacket + it's for charity  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

capt. scotty

QuoteMy order status just changed to 'shipping soon'!

Slightly worrying reviews in the UK press - 2/5 in Q & 3/5 in Uncut. I don't really care for Q but Uncut is a good magazine.

Nevermind, it's the Jacket + it's for charity  :)

You couldve just bought El Caporal on iTunes though, no?? Although Im guessing you probably listen to a few of the other bands on there

dragonboy

I like a lot of the artists/bands featured so I'm sure I'll like a few of the tracks, hopefully more. Like I said, it's for charity + I'm still looking forward to it, just those 2 reviewsd have lowered my expectations a little.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.