Top ten songs you would like to hear the MMJ cover

Started by TheManaconda, Feb 08, 2009, 01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coupon

Bumbeli

QuoteThe Band:  The Night they Drove Ol Dixie Down
The Band:  King Harvest Has Surely Come
The Band:  When You Awake
[highlight]Dylan/The Band:  I Shall Be Released -- this could be potentially amazing.[/highlight]
Queen:  Fat Bottomed Girls
Bowie/Mercury:  Under Pressure
Rolling Stones:  Beast of Burden
Rolling Stones:  Loving Cup
The Eagles:  Desperado
Neil Young:  Are You Ready for the Country
Neil Young:  Down by the River

YES

and
CCR - Have you ever seen the rain
Feelings hour, every tuesday morning.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli"]http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli[/url]

ManNamedTruth

Neil Young - When You Dance You Can Really Love
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

capt. scotty

Queen:  Fat Bottomed Girls
Rolling Stones:  Beast of Burden
Neil Young:  Down by the River

You stole what was going to be 1 of my 10 with Beast of Burden if I ever get around to thinking of a list.

DBTR would be cool too

Fat Bottomed Girls would be fun as shit, perfect for Bonnaroo or something.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

el_chode

I'd like to hear I Will Sing You Songs covered as if it were written for Z
I'm surrounded by assholes

wakebord

i'd also think it would be cool to see them cover the Band's Last Waltz movie from start to finish (i know that more songs were played that night than just those).  Obviously, The Band is a big influence on Jim and I don't think anyone would want to straight up copy what The Band did so this would never happen, but I think it'd be pretty cool.  Especially if they brought various guests in to do it just like the band did, e.g someone like Conor Oberst coming out to do Neil Young's "Helpless" or Eddie Vedder coming out for "I Shall be Released".

AMightyCaporal

Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

kymomandstuff

Quotei'd also think it would be cool to see them cover the Band's Last Waltz movie from start to finish (i know that more songs were played that night than just those).  Obviously, The Band is a big influence on Jim and I don't think anyone would want to straight up copy what The Band did so this would never happen, but I think it'd be pretty cool.  Especially if they brought various guests in to do it just like the band did, e.g someone like Conor Oberst coming out to do Neil Young's "Helpless" or Eddie Vedder coming out for "I Shall be Released".

I just watched Neil's "Helpless" from The Last Waltz on You Tube.Can ya see the goosebumps?
I'd like a little shot of "Helpless" with a squeeze of MMJ,shaken not stirred. ;)
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Jbones72

goose

Allman Bros. Band

Melissa with Carl riffing the guitar

Midnight Rider
Hooked on four like one, two, three

Soulshine

Quote[highlight]Allman Bros. Band[/highlight]

Melissa with Carl riffing the guitar

Midnight Rider

Soulshine  ;)
Because we're all in this together...

Jbones72

I Second That Emotion- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles

Animal Farm- The Kinks

el_chode

I was digging through my iPod this morning while cruising into work after a snow storm and it was warm enough to put down the sunroof, so I naturally needed to find a great highway album, which turned out to be one I haven't listened to since 2006: Grand Funk - Closer to Home

I think they could totally tear up a few songs on this album, such as Sin's a Good Man's Brother for sheer force, Nothing is the Same to show off their individual skills, and throw in a little Got to Keep it Together to let Bo do a little improving.

Oh, and Closer to Home or Into the Sun

capt. scotty

Man, I havent heard that song in forever, but I love it.

An Im Your Captain/Closer to Home cover would be sweet

...Im gonna go listen to it on youtube now  :)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

el_chode

QuoteMan, I havent heard that song in forever, but I love it.

An Im Your Captain/Closer to Home cover would be sweet

...Im gonna go listen to it on youtube now  :)

If you're not familiar with GFR, I highly suggest you become familiar. Just ignore "We're an American Band" and "Locomotion".

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsFdzHQPfdc[/media]

Jbones72

QuoteI was digging through my iPod this morning while cruising into work after a snow storm and it was warm enough to put down the sunroof, so I naturally needed to find a great highway album, which turned out to be one I haven't listened to since 2006: Grand Funk - Closer to Home

I think they could totally tear up a few songs on this album, such as Sin's a Good Man's Brother for sheer force, Nothing is the Same to show off their individual skills, and throw in a little Got to Keep it Together to let Bo do a little improving.

I have the Grand Funk Classic Masters disc, never thought to pick up anything else.... so if you have to get 1 album Closer To Home is It?

el_chode

QuoteI was digging through my iPod this morning while cruising into work after a snow storm and it was warm enough to put down the sunroof, so I naturally needed to find a great highway album, which turned out to be one I haven't listened to since 2006: Grand Funk - Closer to Home

I have the Grand Funk Classic Masters disc, never thought to pick up anything else.... so if you have to get 1 album Closer To Home is It?

Yes, I think that edges out On Time only because On Time has a really cheesy sounding opener, but has a bit more of an epic, almost prog-rock feel near the middle of the album with a slew of 8 minute songs. Into the Sun is classic, which is why I linked it.

However, Closer to Home is just an all around kick-ass album.