cover holiday

Started by sshho, Nov 28, 2008, 08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

st. john

who is this doing pretty nice one of 'holiday'? thx.

st. john

chuckooo

Not bad, I liked it. Always wanted to hear an acoustic cover.

All in all, pretty damn good.

tomEisenbraun

I have a hard time with things like this, because I felt like he didn't really bring anything new to it. I want to hear an acoustic cover where I can't hardly tell what it is until the singing commences. Something that takes the intro and makes it way more harmonic and chordal and intricate to the point where it barely sounds like the original. An acoustic version of this song deserves an entirely different treatment altogether.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

chuckooo

QuoteI have a hard time with things like this, because I felt like he didn't really bring anything new to it. I want to hear an acoustic cover where I can't hardly tell what it is until the singing commences. Something that takes the intro and makes it way more harmonic and chordal and intricate to the point where it barely sounds like the original. An acoustic version of this song deserves an entirely different treatment altogether.

That was honest. I actually agree with you, but being that I can't find many OBH covers, I enjoyed this one.

evilPaauwe

QuoteI have a hard time with things like this, because I felt like he didn't really bring anything new to it. I want to hear an acoustic cover where I can't hardly tell what it is until the singing commences. Something that takes the intro and makes it way more harmonic and chordal and intricate to the point where it barely sounds like the original. An acoustic version of this song deserves an entirely different treatment altogether.

you just signed yourself up mr. brown iron.
please. you could nail it perfectly.
cheers.

tomEisenbraun

well Mr. Paauwe, I'm currently seeing your challenge and recording as we speak. I hope it's okay that I didn't see any sort of appropriate way to work in the extended solo?

tomEisenbraun

alrighty. recorded and uploaded. available for all sorts of critique and similar overly-harsh judgments as mine at:

www.reverbnation.com/tomeisenbraun

or

www.myspace.com/tomeisenbraunmusic if you'd prefer the ridiculously over-compressed Flash-meltdown version.

weeniebeenie

Quotealrighty. recorded and uploaded. available for all sorts of critique and similar overly-harsh judgments as mine at:

or

www.myspace.com/tomeisenbraunmusic if you'd prefer the ridiculously over-compressed Flash-meltdown version.
That's a pretty cool take on OBH.
How loud can silence get?

evilPaauwe

HALLELUJAH! That makes me so happy. Yer foto on reverbnation reminds of the dude in Into The Wild.
cheers.

AMightyCaporal

Quotealrighty. recorded and uploaded. available for all sorts of critique and similar overly-harsh judgments as mine at:

or

hey man thats was really enjoyable! great job!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

MickeyReds

Agreed
As long as you keep a straight face...

the sun and moon

or

Love it. Seriously, go be the next Jimmy Page right now!

tomEisenbraun

haha (thankye thankye)

Love Dogg

Great job, Tom! I like your take on it.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Bigsky

or

Tom,
 That was so much more enjoyable than the first cover posted on this thread. The first one kind of pissed me off...it was trying too hard to be MMJ. But your take on it was nice and original.

Sparkle

or

Really enjoyed that, thanks Tom!

AlwxanderD10

pbuttasurpise

This cover is really pretty amazing man, awesome work. Jim and the boys I think would be impressed/flattered

tomEisenbraun

QuoteThis cover is really pretty amazing man, awesome work. Jim and the boys I think would be impressed/flattered

(thankyou)