Circuital Album & New Toons Discussion

Started by el_chode, Apr 12, 2011, 10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youreveningcoat

What does Circuital actually mean? Not the song, the word?
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

darkglow

Quote from: youreveningcoat on Apr 14, 2011, 01:04 AM
What does Circuital actually mean? Not the song, the word?

dictionary.com

el_chode

This just in!

I made a new playlist for the gym. If you ever go for a run, you should do what I do:

Track 1: Circuital
Track 2: Circuital
Track 3: Circuital
Track 4: Circuital
Track 5: Circuital
Track 6: Circuital

If you restart it just before the fade out, it averages to about 6 minutes per track. For me, that's more than enough time on the treadmill. And since I like to freak out the other people at my gym by playing air guitar and air drums and air piano while running, this song gives you all of that.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Lowdown

Love the song, I feel that it perfectly encapsulates the whole spectrum of MMJ's sound.  Fusing both trippy, spaced-out soul music with down-home country folk-revivalism.

Ruckus

I love Circuital.  Heck, it might be my favorite song by them since Z...Oooohhhhh.  It has everything I love from the return of a little 'verb to a solid solo.  My favorite part however is the Pinball Wizard like acoustic strumming blown away by Carl's big Townsend chords that sends the track into overdrive.  The studio cut sounds so powerful!  Man was I blasting it in the car the last two days.  I cut myself off because the last thing I wanted to do was burn myself out on a song before I got my hands on the vinyl. :)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

My Monkey Friend

i love circuital. its got it all, and really puts on display what these guys do so well together. it sounds familiar enough to make comparisons, but new enough to have to listen to it 8 times in a row to absorb everything.

i am curious- will there be pedal steel on the new album? its been a fixture since Z, and no one times it better than these dudes.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: My Monkey Friend on Apr 14, 2011, 09:41 AM
i love circuital. its got it all, and really puts on display what these guys do so well together. it sounds familiar enough to make comparisons, but new enough to have to listen to it 8 times in a row to absorb everything.

i am curious- will there be pedal steel on the new album? its been a fixture since Z, and no one times it better than these dudes.

I'm sure it'll be on Wonderful at least.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

johnnYYac

Looks like they're keeping the owls-in-flight from the Evil Urges era, at least for now.  With the Circuital cover, seems the boys have a thing for eyes.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

EasyRyder

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Apr 14, 2011, 10:14 PM
Cody's Track Review of My Morning Jacket's "Circuital"

YODELIN'

YIM

thanks for sharing, Tracy  ;D
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: EasyRyder on Apr 14, 2011, 10:31 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Apr 14, 2011, 10:14 PM
Cody's Track Review of My Morning Jacket's "Circuital"

YODELIN'

YIM

thanks for sharing, Tracy  ;D

Yodelin' Yim Yams ftw! :D Hahaha, thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

YouAre_GivenToFly

Anybody decipher all the lyrics yet?
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

rmpotsy

Quote from: el_chode on Apr 14, 2011, 01:27 AM
This just in!

I made a new playlist for the gym. If you ever go for a run, you should do what I do:

Track 1: Circuital
Track 2: Circuital
Track 3: Circuital
Track 4: Circuital
Track 5: Circuital
Track 6: Circuital

If you restart it just before the fade out, it averages to about 6 minutes per track. For me, that's more than enough time on the treadmill. And since I like to freak out the other people at my gym by playing air guitar and air drums and air piano while running, this song gives you all of that.

what?  no air bass?  you make tommy sad.
out go the lights it begins