The My Morning Jacket B-Sides Listening Parties

Started by The_DARK, Apr 17, 2009, 05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

So given the low participation in the most recent Bracket Attack, I think it's time we work together to expand the general forum public's knowledge of the back catelog. So how about a weekly listening party for each non-album Jacket release? We spend the week before finding and buying the release (if you don't have it already), and a listening party at the end of the week.

Sound fun? Feedback appreciated.
In another time, in another place, in another face

Love Dogg

QuoteSo given the low participation in the most recent Bracket Attack, I think it's time we work together to expand the general forum public's knowledge of the back catelog. So how about a weekly listening party for each non-album Jacket release? We spend the week before finding and buying the release (if you don't have it already), and a listening party at the end of the week.

Sound fun? Feedback appreciated.

Great idea!
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

aMillionDreams

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Sparkle

The DARK

Thanks, good to hear that people are up for this. :)

So I'm thinking we start with small stakes to ease into it. How about Chocolate and Ice for Thursday (so that those of us who have social lives can use them)?

Jellyfish

The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

el_chode

You know what would be great, and here this is me talking out of my ass, is if there were a way to get the rights to the b-sides and back catalogs just to put them into a podcast or something, with a bit of a narrative to know some the stories - when it was recorded, any significance, what makes this particular version of the song so interesting.
I'm surrounded by assholes

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

tomEisenbraun

QuoteYou know what would be great, and here this is me talking out of my ass, is if there were a way to get the rights to the b-sides and back catalogs just to put them into a podcast or something, with a bit of a narrative to know some the stories - when it was recorded, any significance, what makes this particular version of the song so interesting.

man, if you're up for putting that together, I'll see what I can do to lock down the appropriate blessings.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

el_chode

QuoteYou know what would be great, and here this is me talking out of my ass, is if there were a way to get the rights to the b-sides and back catalogs just to put them into a podcast or something, with a bit of a narrative to know some the stories - when it was recorded, any significance, what makes this particular version of the song so interesting.

man, if you're up for putting that together, I'll see what I can do to lock down the appropriate blessings.

I'd love to, the only complication is that I've got finals coming up in a week or so that will knock me out until mid-may. Oh, and I've never made a podcast before. But I won't let that get in my way. If anyone wants to pow-wow on this with me who has experience doing such things, I'm open to suggestions. The best I've got is 3 1/2 years hosting a college radio show.

I have plenty of server space to host 'em.
I'm surrounded by assholes

capt. scotty

I'd love to, the only complication is that I've got finals coming up in a week or so that will knock me out until mid-may. Oh, and I've never made a podcast before. But I won't let that get in my way. If anyone wants to pow-wow on this with me who has experience doing such things, I'm open to suggestions. The best I've got is 3 1/2 years hosting a college radio show.

I have plenty of server space to host 'em.

Based on that, Im pretty sure youre Squanto in this pow-wow.

If you do it, we will listen
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

The DARK

Bump

Any progress on the podcast idea so far?