Holy God Damn Fuck I need some fresh MMJ ASAP...

Started by PhriendlyMMJPhan, Jun 16, 2009, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

damn it seems like forever since Evil Urges came out in all it's glory. The frenzy. The people yelling at each other.  pictures of nutsacks.  look how far we've come.  we're at a stand still, a delicious EP graced us early in the year and then another live record later. I need me some new live My Morning Jacket.  

The Mothers of my children.
The Fathers of my Brothers.
The Sisters of My Nephews.

My Morning Jacket is My God and for that I pray.  may we sit in silence for a moment please.
.thank you.

now what I ask is that My Morning Jacket and Co. Immediately play some kind of live in studio webcast.  I don't care if they're just sitting there beating it.  I need something fresh, I'm starting to reek.    

Penny Lane

ha ha...good to see you sticky icky! we are all feelin yer pain.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

TEO

Welcome back Big B! I missed the passion you feel for the band... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Angry Ewok

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with this thread.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Dillsnufus

yea i agree too. geez there an acclaimed live band. come out with some live shit! See this is the disadvantage of them being on ato oppose to like a sony music or major label cause the companies like that  would force a release . ato is just prob like "if you want to fine if you don't fine". mmj is all on vacation and they aren't thinking about it.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

el_chode

Quoteyea i agree too. geez there an acclaimed live band. come out with some live shit! See this is the disadvantage of them being on ato oppose to like a sony music or major label cause the companies like that  would force a release . ato is just prob like "if you want to fine if you don't fine". mmj is all on vacation and they aren't thinking about it.

If they weren't on ATO, they'd eventually claim that one of the many concerts could be released as a CD in the future and try to sue all of us for downloading it.

I say just say no to a forced release.

What would suffice for me is that I remember reading an interview that the Evil Urges session produced a lot of B-sides. Being that it's their most critically-acclaimed album to date (it is, isn't it?), why not a one year anniversary deluxe edition full of B-sides?
I'm surrounded by assholes

capt. scotty

What would suffice for me is that I remember reading an interview that the Evil Urges session produced a lot of B-sides. Being that it's their most critically-acclaimed album to date (it is, isn't it?), why not a one year anniversary deluxe edition full of B-sides?

I would have to disagree with this. Clearly it got the most publicity, but I remember the reviews being very mixed, whereas ISM and Z both got a lot of critical acclaim with basically no negativity.

Because it's their biggest album, a B-Side release certainly makes sense though.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

it's always a pleasure stopping by here.  this is by far one of the nicest groups of people out there fan base wise.   lots of love for all of ya.

I guess the anticipation is a good thing, the want for something new.  for more.  hopefully, they'll be all "holy shit lets makes tons of music for people to enjoy" and then we can all rock happily ever after.

They won't let us down.  My balls are starting to hurt though, I hope they do something soon.  

el_chode

I would have to disagree with this. Clearly it got the most publicity, but I remember the reviews being very mixed, whereas ISM and Z both got a lot of critical acclaim with basically no negativity.

Because it's their biggest album, a B-Side release certainly makes sense though.

Music snobs gave it mixed reviews. I should have specified - it was hailed as a modern classic by most sources no one trusts haha.
I'm surrounded by assholes

fortbethel

As much as I miss MMJ I'm trying very hard to just understand they probably just need an extended break. What I can't FREAKIN figure out is why they don't sell reasonably priced posters. I would LOVE to have the pic of them in their tuxidos in front of that mansion on my wall!

Angry Ewok

QuoteAs much as I miss MMJ I'm trying very hard to just understand they probably just need an extended break. What I can't FREAKIN figure out is why they don't sell reasonably priced posters. I would LOVE to have the pic of them in their tuxidos in front of that mansion on my wall!

That's one of my favorite series of photos of the guys.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

lasvegas

easy d00d, here listen to this.

besides, the old stuff is better than the new stuff.

Quote2002-10-07: The Fillmore
1. Intro
2. Sooner
3. Just Because I Do
4. Lowdown
5. Heartbreakin' Man
6. The Way That He Sings
7. War Begun
8. One Big Holiday
9. Phone Went West

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hk0u6y
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?