Evil Urges Meaning?

Started by wilsong3, Jul 28, 2009, 08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willy

i didn't find this posted already, sorry if it already is.

so last night i listened to the interview between yim and ken wilber...very awesome of course. but the main thing from the interview that intrigued me was jim's interpretation of the actual song "Evil Urges". he mentioned about people in their different religions or something...basically i'm really confused about it. :-?
Anyone care to enlighten me?
thanks
"Welcome......you newb"

BH

It ain't evil if ain't hurtin' anybody.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

aMillionDreams

He was raised catholic.

...but the things they sy are evil urges aint hurtin anybody
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Love Dogg

"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Soulshine

QuoteIt's about Obama.  ;)

Oh dear God...... ;D
Because we're all in this together...

AMightyCaporal

sherpardspy and myself have talked about this a few times- we think the song is about human nature and suppressing those instincts and urges because "they" say its evil.  these inner working and thoughts and urges are part of human life that so many people try to phase out because of the majority opinion of them being "evil" but if "it ain't evil baby, if it ain't hurtin' anybody"

just our opinion... i miss those conversations
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

DaFunkyPrecedent

God damn those shaky knees.

AMightyCaporal

Oh dear God...... ;D

MOF must have read that post and liked it so much they used it as a song.  good job  soulshine!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Soulshine

Oh dear God...... ;D

MOF must have read that post and liked it so much they used it as a song.  good job  soulshine!

;)
Because we're all in this together...