MMJ in the A/V Club

Started by el_chode, Sep 02, 2009, 07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

From the A/V Club's "Don't try suicide, you're just gonna hate it: 25 (mostly crappy) songs that try to talk you off the ledge"

9. My Morning Jacket, "Death Is The Easy Way"
Those getting up the nerve to end it all should make sure they stay until the end of My Morning Jacket's "Death Is The Easy Way," as most of the lyrics seem hopelessly defeatist ("some say death is the easy way, and I think they're right"). "Trying gets nothing done," Jim James sings, only increasing the futile frustration. "Nothing gets you high," he continues, dwelling on the constant lows of depression. "Alcohol, it only makes you tired"—just in case you were looking for temporary respite in a bottle. But just before you punch your own timecard, the song suggests the simple remedy of spending time with others ("but seeing you feels good"). In other words, go see a friend and turn that frown upside down.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/dont-try-suicide-youre-just-gonna-hate-it-25-mostl,32378/
I'm surrounded by assholes

AMightyCaporal

Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Love Dogg

Wait...are they saying it's "crappy" or....?
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

el_chode

QuoteWait...are they saying it's "crappy" or....?

I doubt it. It's next to Dr. Dog, one of the only other "credible" artists on the list.
I'm surrounded by assholes