Main Menu

Rollin' Back

Started by AMightyPirate, Sep 02, 2009, 04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMightyCaporal

JEEEEEZEY H. CREEZEY!

How good is Rollin' Back?  Its so chill and so awesome.  Came on shuffle on my ipod.  I love (re)discovering some of the older catalog like that.  Here I am, driving- minding my own- boom MMJ.  Sweet I thought- I could go for some older Jacket... little did I know it was going to be one of those moments where my mind gets blown.  Well it has- I am groovin on this song like crazy- I love how it makes my head bob back and forth and how relaxed I feel listening to it.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

BH

I would like to second that motion to the three hundredth power.

[size=8]300[/size]
(Rollin' Back x 2)^
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

I would like to point you to this thread, not because the world doesn't need another Rollin' Back thread, as there should be at least a 100 Rollin' Back threads, but simply for your reading enjoyment on the subject.

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1208961530/0
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Bigsky

This song is just amazing...as I've said before...you don't know if your falling or floating.

AMightyCaporal

QuoteI would like to point you to this thread, not because the world doesn't need another Rollin' Back thread, as there should be at least a 100 Rollin' Back threads, but simply for your reading enjoyment on the subject.

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1208961530/0

bah- and here i thought I pulled off the search correctly- I suppose I wasn't vigilant enough.  Oh man I like the title of yours.  And I like how you describe it Big-  I totally agree.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Hawkeye

Love this song too...I have a bad habit...well check that, I don't think it's a bad habit, but I get made fun of for it...anyway, a bad habit of coming home from the bars, a little intoxicated, partying for awhile until it dies down and people are getting sleepy, and then lighting candles and...partaking...and blaring this song as all my problems and my head float/fall away...

My friends all think it's creepy and weird, but I just love being f*ed up and listening to this song with other people, wondering the whole time what they're thinking...I've found that it's split about 50/50...people either love it or hate it
We could.

pawpaw

[size=24][ch8734][/size]
(Rollin' Back x 2)^

There ya go, I fixed that for ya. This song is just perfect.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Kenny76

I love that song, it's so full of soul and has a great spacey atmosphere, and a beat that you just have to sway back and forth to.   It's at the perfect spot on a perfect album.