Z- There are strange coincidences with this title

Started by speculator, Jan 02, 2006, 06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speculator

Is it possible that MMJ's new album -Z- is a reference to Hunter S Thompsons book Kingdom of Fear, when he dubs any americans, who were in there early twenties when 9/11 happened as generation Z?  HST was also a native to louisville, Kentucky.  Also the picture on actual CD is of a panda- with a Z on its ass-  enviously looking at another panda with food in its mouth.  Is this suppose to be America looking at China?  Regardless we now live in different times and the great American century is definitley on the decline.  Are these all just odd coincidences or is there something there?

Lil_Billy

I've been curoius about whether the "Z" had anything to do with "Zee" the little blue bird who hangs out with the Moose on Noggin. Yeah - I'm admitting that I watch Semame Street with my 2 year old!

tomEisenbraun

that one is one hella kickassical user name ya got there
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

fitzcarraldo

I thought that they were takin the piss from Coldplay.  ;D

ben grimm

QuoteI thought that they were takin the piss from Coldplay.  ;D

that's what I thought too.

Angry Ewok

I've never connected My Morning Jacket with the Doctor of Gonzo Journalism... and I, too, thought it was a rip on Coldplay.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Oz

How stupid would it be to name your album 'Z' just as a joke about some British band? I don't think they would have such a shallow reason behind their album name. Maybe you're right, speculator, it's an interesting observation.
I'm ready when you are

fitzcarraldo

O, I was only jokin.  :)

When an interviewer asked Mr. James why they called the record Z he said:

Here are three reasons for naming the record Z: 1) Z is the 26th letter in the alphabet; 2) Z can easily be bent into the shape of a triangle; 3) If you knock one of his legs off, Z becomes a seven.

Easy Morning Rebel

QuoteO, I was only jokin.  :)

When an interviewer asked Mr. James why they called the record Z he said:

Here are three reasons for naming the record Z: 1) Z is the 26th letter in the alphabet; 2) Z can easily be bent into the shape of a triangle; 3) If you knock one of his legs off, Z becomes a seven.
That's some three bloody cool reasons, to me! Perfect! ;D
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

MMJ_fanatic

Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

realdeal

Yeah, they like the letter and Jim likes bears....

why do some people have to be so  fucking analytical by trying to find a connection with something so far off.

SMc55

why do some people have to be so  fucking analytical by trying to find a connection with something so far off.
Just sharing thoughts I suppose. Sometimes it is quite random but nothing wrong with that.

Oz

QuoteYeah, they like the letter and Jim likes bears....

Because some people like to think about art instead of just banging their heads to it. Sure, it leads to a lot of bullshit, but it's worth a shot, I say...
I'm ready when you are

freeone1

QuoteI thought that they were takin the piss from Coldplay.  ;D

I have had that same thought.... ;)
All who wonder are not lost.

tone soul evolution

i've always just gone with the fact that z can be made into a triangle, which could be  a sorta tommy-jim-hallahan symbol. the solid base.  then z being the 26th letter of the alphabet and jim was 26 when he wrote all the songs.  thats what ive read into it.  who knows......

dragonboy

Quotei've always just gone with the fact that z can be made into a triangle, which could be  a sorta tommy-jim-hallahan symbol. the solid base.

I'm pretty sure that's not the reason.
Jim, Tommy & Patrick have mentioned many times that Bo & Carl are full members of the band & always have been.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

jonnycarlos

I like the X + Y= Z theory, but if it was true, sure the album would be called Zzzzzzzz....?

I also like the way you Americans pronounce Z 'zee' and I pronounce it 'zed'. That's cos I'm a wacky englishman though.