Christmas on wfpk with shoes interruption.

Started by AlexanderD10, Apr 27, 2009, 03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlwxanderD10

It's on the archive, I think but I can't find it can someone help me out?

searchinbig

QuoteIt's on the archive, I think but I can't find it can someone help me out?

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2001-12-25.WFPK   ;)
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

AlwxanderD10

AlwxanderD10

It's that time again, anybody remember when wfpk usually airs the set?

aMillionDreams

I don't think they've aired it since the original air date. I could be wrong though.  I just burnt this session last night to spin in the truck.  Emmet Otter Jug Band Christmas fit nicely on the end.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

AlwxanderD10

QuoteI don't think they've aired it since the original air date. I could be wrong though.  I just burnt this session last night to spin in the truck.  Emmet Otter Jug Band Christmas fit nicely on the end.
Yeah i just got the cd out and listened to it a few days ago, i thought they replayed the set every year some where around the 23rd

darkglow

it's hard to do since i love christmas music so much and likewise my morning jacket but i have to tuck this gem away until after thanksgiving, like so many other festive christmas things. it has been my rule since discovering this in 2004. happy holidays everyone and i hope i'm right in believing that i won't be the only one with these songs playing at christmas parties/events this year and for many to come.

goose

IT is by far my favorite Christmas album.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

AMightyCaporal

Just listened to this on sunday with the parents when decorating the tree :)
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

searchinbig

QuoteJust listened to this on sunday with the parents when decorating the tree :)

What did the p's say?
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

AMightyCaporal

QuoteJust listened to this on sunday with the parents when decorating the tree :)

What did the p's say?

they know of my love for the Jacket.  My dad said, "Is this MMJ? They made a christmas album? Cool!"

Ma was singing along with Jim on O Holy Night and laughed when he took his shoes off
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

slimsloslider

i'm a big fan of the "closer" lyric alteration. i make a mix for my friends every year and it was hard to resist putting jim's "o holy night" on this year. i went with "closer" instead.

searchinbig

What did the p's say?

they know of my love for the Jacket.  My dad said, "Is this MMJ? They made a christmas album? Cool!"

Ma was singing along with Jim on O Holy Night and laughed when he took his shoes off

That is great! My mom is the one who turned me on to music early on, always spinning vinyl and listening to the radio. Guess it's time to return the favor.  :)

AMightyCaporal

What did the p's say?

That is great! My mom is the one who turned me on to music early on, always spinning vinyl and listening to the radio. Guess it's time to return the favor.  :)

My mom really appreciates the songs where Jim's voice shines through above gentle music.

ALady

My parents love this one as well - my mom especially.  I think it was the first Jacket recording I gave them.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires