Carnival Time

Started by el_chode, Apr 29, 2010, 09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

I just wanted you all to know that I'm listening to gdradio.net and they're doing a Phil & Friends show and they're covering Carnival Time.

Jacket kills it so much harder than Phil.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Sassbox

That's because The Jacket has (had) Al "Carnival" Johnson  :)
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI just wanted you all to know that I'm listening to gdradio.net and they're doing a Phil & Friends show and they're covering Carnival Time.

Jacket kills it so much harder than Phil.

who sings it with phil and friends?  phil? jackie? warren?

el_chode

It was Phil. It def wasn't warren. Here's who played on the show:

Phil, Molo, Jimmy Herring (guitar), Chris Robinson (vocals, @aco guitar), Barry Sless (g, %pedal steel), Steve Molitz (k, from Particle), *Tim Carbone - violin (RRE), *John Skehan - mandolin (RRE), *Todd Sheaffer - acoustic guitar (RRE), *Andy Goessling - sax, flute, dobro (RRE), *Carey Harmon - percussion (RRE), Gloria Jones & Jackie LaBranch - vocals (JGB), ^Theryl "Houseman" DeClouet - vocals (Galactic), #with Dancing procession and parade of floats from UBC,

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteIt was Phil. It def wasn't warren. Here's who played on the show:

Phil, Molo, Jimmy Herring (guitar), Chris Robinson (vocals, @aco guitar), Barry Sless (g, %pedal steel), Steve Molitz (k, from Particle), *Tim Carbone - violin (RRE), *John Skehan - mandolin (RRE), *Todd Sheaffer - acoustic guitar (RRE), *Andy Goessling - sax, flute, dobro (RRE), *Carey Harmon - percussion (RRE), Gloria Jones & Jackie LaBranch - vocals (JGB), ^Theryl "Houseman" DeClouet - vocals (Galactic), #with Dancing procession and parade of floats from UBC,

very cool.  glad to see phil still chuggin along.  I miss jerry.

wharf rat

I believe that version from Phil and Friends is from their Mardi Gras show from Feb. 12, 2005, and I'm pretty sure that DeClouet from Galactic was on vocals.  I could only find a few times where they played it and I think this was the only one with DeClouet.  I miss Jerry too, but Phil still drops bombs.  Seeing Furthur in Columbus July 2

johnnYYac

QuoteI believe that version from Phil and Friends is from their Mardi Gras show from Feb. 12, 2005, and I'm pretty sure that DeClouet from Galactic was on vocals.  I could only find a few times where they played it and I think this was the only one with DeClouet.  I miss Jerry too, but Phil still drops bombs.  Seeing Furthur in Columbus July 2

I think you'll really enjoy Furthur.  I saw them in February in Manchester, NH.  John Kadlecik (sp?) from DSO is a great fill-in for Jerry.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

el_chode

QuoteI believe that version from Phil and Friends is from their Mardi Gras show from Feb. 12, 2005, and I'm pretty sure that DeClouet from Galactic was on vocals.  I could only find a few times where they played it and I think this was the only one with DeClouet.  I miss Jerry too, but Phil still drops bombs.  Seeing Furthur in Columbus July 2

It was that show, so it could have been. I'm not familiar with his (DeClouet) voice as much, and the quality of the stream wasn't the best. And I had it on as background music while studying too so I wasn't entirely focused.

My impression was that it wasn't as energetic as it should have been