Carried Away?

Started by StayClassy, May 03, 2010, 12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynwa

I've been circling this topic for a few days because I absolutely love this song & don't want to, in any way, take away from the song itself...  

I totally hear the Ryan Adams ishness - its got a swagger similar to "come pick me up", imho.  But I can hear twinges of all the others named prior as well.

Did I mention that I love this song?
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

wakebord

QuoteI've been circling this topic for a few days because I absolutely love this song & don't want to, in any way, take away from the song itself...  

I totally hear the Ryan Adams ishness - its got a swagger similar to [highlight]"come pick me up"[/highlight], imho.  But I can hear twinges of all the others named prior as well.

Come pick me up was exactly what I thought of when I heard the song.  Totally doesn't rip off Ryan Adams or anything.  Pure Carl.  But that was the first artist/song that came to mind when I heard it.

twofingers

The sound quality is where I'd like it but this is a pretty good example of him playing this song solo. This was taken the other night at The Montrose Room in Chicago. It was the second song he played and easily one of the best. Wait for him start looping :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiXB2ywIhLU&feature=player_embedded

I suck with a video camera (actually cell phone).
[url="//www.thesteamengine.net"]www.thesteamengine.net[/url]

ynwa

QuoteI've been circling this topic for a few days because I absolutely love this song & don't want to, in any way, take away from the song itself...  

I totally hear the Ryan Adams ishness - its got a swagger similar to [highlight]"come pick me up"[/highlight], imho.  But I can hear twinges of all the others named prior as well.

Come pick me up was exactly what I thought of when I heard the song.  Totally doesn't rip off Ryan Adams or anything.  Pure Carl.  But that was the first artist/song that came to mind when I heard it.

yeah, it's by no means a rip off.  i listened to the 2 songs back to back & there are some similarities.  just bits tho.  to me, mainly the swagger of the song & perhaps slightly w/ the opening vocals too.  to me, both songs are a bit on the somber side so maybe that's why?
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

weeniebeenie

QuoteThe sound quality is where I'd like it but this is a pretty good example of him playing this song solo. This was taken the other night at The Montrose Room in Chicago. It was the second song he played and easily one of the best. Wait for him start looping :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiXB2ywIhLU&feature=player_embedded

I suck with a video camera (actually cell phone).
I read the review on the Steam Engine. Sounds like it was an awesome show!
How loud can silence get?

Bigsky

QuoteIm digging it...reminds me of a Beatles song more than anything, but even thats probably a stretch. The music in the chorus made me think of Dont Let Me Down at first.

That's what I am hearing too...nice song