MMJ in a cookbook?

Started by olwiggum, Feb 01, 2006, 10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corey

I just ran across this on stereogum.com:

I Like Food, Food Tastes Good: The Indie Rock Cookbook

When reader John sent in a tip about a new "Indie Rock Cookbook", he predicted "lots of omlettes and brownies". I guessed more than one band would be disappointed to find out Ice Cream Soup was taken already. In reality, the recipies run the scale from simple to complex, and come from bands including Belle & Sebastian, Superchunk, Death Cab for Cutie (PB & veggie sausage sandwich), the Decemberists, the Violent Femmes (Brian Ritchie makes a mean Wild Boar Ragu), NOFX, the Walkmen, My Morning Jacket ("the You Can Care If You Wanna Sandwich") and a million other bands you liked before they were big. Even Grandaddy had time to get one off before they broke up eroded!

Author Kara Zuaro was testing deserts when I stopped by, so I only go to try three dishes, and she wouldn't let me copy down any recipies, either, since the book won't be out for another year.

sweatboard

This is a fantastic idea.  It's the ultimate munchies hand book.  They should title it "Stoned Creations"
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

I think we should start our own cookbook.  I'll start a thread in off topic and we can all submit our best recipies.
There's Still Time.........