Most Underrated/Underappreciated Songs?

Started by Derpsnerf, Jun 28, 2010, 01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

Is that true?  I feel like I've heard Remnants more than Where to Begin.  I've only heard WtB once or twice.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

The DARK

It seems to be more underrated here than in the mind of Jim, but every time I hear Tonight I Want To Celebrate With You, a big grin comes across my face.
In another time, in another place, in another face

johnnYYac

QuoteIt seems to be more underrated here than in the mind of Jim, but every time I hear Tonight I Want To Celebrate With You, a big grin comes across my face.

If you look closely at the Charleston DVD, a big smile comes to Jim's face as he open with TIWTCWY.  Its a common reaction.

I actually learned the opening notes on my Omnichord from watching that performance.  Before then,  I was elsewhere on the chords.  

Highlights of that song include, of course, the prominent laser harp AND Carl's ethereal pedal steel AND Patrick's steady beats.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Ruckus

QuoteIs that true?  I feel like I've heard Remnants more than Where to Begin.  I've only heard WtB once or twice.

You're right Lady.  Thanks for the heads up.  Apparently WTB begin has only been played 11 times according to the setlist archive, the same as Remnants.  I guess my thought process was a little skewed by the fact that WTB was played 2x on the last tour while Remnants wasn't and that we have stuff like Acoustic Chorale and Celebracion.   Must be nice to have seen both.  I've seen neither. [smiley=thumbdown.gif]
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ALady

Well, I'm in the poorhouse as an indirect result of seeing both songs, but I dunno if that makes you feel any better.   ;D

I'm really glad WtB has been making a comeback, though.  I heard it for the first time ever at Louisville '08...never even heard of it before that (hadn't seen Elizabethtown).
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

mahg33ta

I am REALLY looking forward to hearing WTB in NY - one of my personal favorites and I have never heard it live.   I wonder which night it'll fall on? (too lazy to look up what year it was)

AlwxanderD10

SaraBananaBear

QuoteIt seems to be more underrated here than in the mind of Jim, but every time I hear Tonight I Want To Celebrate With You, a big grin comes across my face.

Ooooh, love that song, lovelovelove [ch9829]!
:)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Come Closer is way underrated and way way way underplayed.

SaraBananaBear

QuoteCome Closer is way underrated and way way way underplayed.

Indeed, especially the Christmas version...  ;)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteCome Closer is way underrated and way way way underplayed.

Indeed, especially the Christmas version...  ;)

I really love the vocal layering on the song.  It's really thick and well crafted.  solid stuff.  very psychedelic for such a mellow tune.

Honest Man

Remnants and Honest Man. Hands Down!
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

wakebord

Can You See the Hard Helmet on my Head !!!

vwxg14a

I already answered earlier, but I just listened to Remants for the first time in a year.  That is the definite answer to the question.  I would gladly exchange this for Highly Suspicious anytime.
Pops, Langerado, Lollapalooza, RCMH, Miami Beach, MSG, St Aug, T5.

.Walt

QuoteCan You See the Hard Helmet on my Head !!!

Yup, probably in my top 5. I love it!

[smiley=beer.gif]
Much Greater Than Science Fiction