Bonnaroo 2006 Dondante

Started by mfeld, Apr 11, 2009, 06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaelfeld

hey fellow jacketeers-
I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any other time that MMJ played this version of Dondante at any other shows. It is my favorite version with carl of sax and would love to get another recording of it or just to know. Thanks-
M

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

AlwxanderD10

the nye version is still the best, the extended solo is crazy

BH

Well you obviously didn't listen to the one I just posted because you posted 9 minutes after me and you needed at least 13 minutes!   ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

AlwxanderD10

QuoteWell you obviously didn't listen to the one I just posted because you posted 9 minutes after me and you needed at least 13 minutes!   ;)

I downloaded it opened it it windows media, sped it up and then posted ;)

BH

QuoteWell you obviously didn't listen to the one I just posted because you posted 9 minutes after me and you needed at least 13 minutes!   ;)

Well no wonder it didn't sound as good. ;D

BH

Now I'm listening to that Going To Hell from that show.  WOW. :o

AlwxanderD10

Ok never mind that is the greatest thing that has ever vibrated into my ears :o

BH

Ok never mind that is the greatest thing that has ever vibrated into my ears :o

Well there was that one time when you were experimenting back in college......Boom!  I'm here all week... ;)

Seriously though, I don't think I've ever heard the sax slowed down to such a crawl as at the end of that Dondate.   Awesome.

Penny Lane

BH!! ha ha nice!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

JPV

High Sierra Music Festival 6.30.06 has the same alternate Dondante as well. http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60034&highlight=morning+jacket --- only 1 seeder on it though :-/

GO4IT

Quotethe nye version is still the best, the extended solo is crazy

I have the whole NYE Dondante on video - about 13 min.  When I figure out how to post it I think it will help get us through the current show drought.

AlwxanderD10

I have the whole NYE Dondante on video - about 13 min.  When I figure out how to post it I think it will help get us through the current show drought.
(high pitched scream) :D

AlwxanderD10

Vid pezze?

ChronicHunger

philly dondante is the best version by far

Penny Lane

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i was at that show, too. 2006-the best.

their best live song other than steam engine. i get chills just posting about it.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

AlwxanderD10

Vid pezze?
I still wanna see it.  :-[

Yimyames

tomEisenbraun

QuoteNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i was at that show, too. 2006-the best.

their best live song other than steam engine. i get chills just posting about it.

My dear sweet Jesus, that particular performance tore my skin off. I don't know if it's listed anywhere, but at the Bonnaroo '06 performance they had a couple friends join them on stage. K.C. Guetig (drummed for the band after At Dawn came out and right before Patrick joined the band), as well as two other friends, one on guitar. All of whom were tied into their Louisville circle who knew, played with, or were generally tied into the circle who knew Aaron Todavich, who was in Month of Sundays (Mont de Sundua, depending on when you hopped on board) with Jim. "Dondante" was a tribute to Aaron, and what happened on stage that night was a catharsis-- and that's putting it gently.

The sax riff that they jam on that isn't in the recorded version is from Fela Kuti's "Trouble Sleep Yanga Wake Am." If you don't have Roforofo Fight, you really owe yourself a favor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQMXVlRCUQg&feature=related
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.