Main Menu

Rollin Back

Started by kyleschaffer, Sep 07, 2010, 04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

QuoteRollin' Back has always been a favorite of mine, and I've been lucky enough to see it twice (Berkeley '08 and 12/30/06). A few of the things that I look to music for are to create (or heighten) a mood and to carry me away, and there aren't many songs that can do both for me like Rollin' Back. It's a song that I have a lot of great memories associated with, and it's also one of the first MMJ songs that I really connected with.

Great road trip song, great morning song, great late night song, I could go on and on...

It has been played 5 times; so to see it twice - WELL DONE  :o

It's not even like I've seen a lot of shows either, just got lucky.

That 12/30/06 encore was pretty spectacular...

16. Nashville To Kentucky
17. Rollin Back
18. Steam Engine
19. Mahgeetah
20. Anytime
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

e_wind

Well someone going to T5 had better record this, but also I like to think that anything is possible at their hometown show.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

mahg33ta

QuoteRollin' Back has always been a favorite of mine, and I've been lucky enough to see it twice (Berkeley '08 and 12/30/06). A few of the things that I look to music for are to create (or heighten) a mood and to carry me away, and there aren't many songs that can do both for me like Rollin' Back. It's a song that I have a lot of great memories associated with, and it's also one of the first MMJ songs that I really connected with.

Great road trip song, great morning song, great late night song, I could go on and on...

It has been played 5 times; so to see it twice - WELL DONE  :o

It's not even like I've seen a lot of shows either, just got lucky.

That 12/30/06 encore was pretty spectacular...

16. Nashville To Kentucky
17. Rollin Back
18. Steam Engine
19. Mahgeetah
20. Anytime

LOL - I'd say Rollin Back - Steam Engine - Mahgeeta is a pretty spectacular trio.    FYI sorry I'm geeking out on these setlist stats but this show is the only concert that's ever had Steam Engine and Rollin Back... the other 4 Rollin Back's didn't have SE.

There has never been a show with Rollin Back, Steam Engine, and One Big Holiday.    Another reason to be PUMPED for ISM night at T-5.

(oh, and of course take the greatness of that Fillmore setlist, not only add One Big Holiday but also Dancefloors and Run Thru!)

touchingmept2

Dude I'm srsly jealous. Not only are you gonna witness obh but I will sing u songs, one thing, one in the same and rolling back....Faaaaccckkk
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

blucas

...a big hand for all of the Rollin Back love!  It is absolutely one of the highlights of ISM (although hard to pick a song that isn't).  Was lucky to see it in live in Tempe in 2008 to start the encore.  Hope to see it again.
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over