MMJ 'romantic/love' lyrics?

Started by walterfredo, Nov 29, 2010, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

I think I'm getting my pretty lady an Ipod for xmas.  I can have a few words engraved on the back, trying to figure something out.  Will probably go with a phish lyric or an MMJ lyric, since these are the 2 bands we listen to the most. Looking for some lyric help, toss me out some suggestions for some nice romantic lyrics.....space is limited!

You Know My Heart - It Beats For You

I'm Amazed at your warm devotion

e_wind

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1285360156

some ideas could be in there. I would probably have to go with something from Knot Comes Loose or Golden, off the top of my head that is.

one of my favorite not nessecarily love lyrics is

you'll be right here forever, we'll go through this thing together
and on heavens golden shores we'll lay our heads
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

walterfredo

I've thought about the Golden lyrics, unfortunately the space is extremely limited, and will prove to be a huge limiting factor. I think it's only 26 characters per line, and only 2 lines.

lasvegas

Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

ALady

I think you nailed it already.  Good choice.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

walterfredo

that's def. a good one.  

I really wish...

you'll be right here forever, we'll go through this thing together

would fit, Golden is one of her favorite tunes.  

Any more short but sweet ones out there?

SaraBananaBear

QuoteJust someone to hold, that's what you give me.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWsyZk-w7i4[/media]

Oh yeah, that's a really good one! Hard to think of short ones... Hmm...
I will be there when you die (dutch documentary style)
Come closer
When your heart beats next to mine, I want it even more, I suppose that one is a tad too long though... :(
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

walterfredo

yes, too long.  If I could only have a couple more spaces...

this is as far as I could get on my preferred Golden Lyrics.

you'll be right here forever
we'll go through this thing t

as much as I'd like to put so many other lyrics in it's place, because of the size and relevance somewhat to music (ipod), really thinking I'll go with...

You Know My Heart
It Beats for You

BH

You Know My Heart
It Beats for You

this.  it says love.  it says music.   it's a hands down winner.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

walterfredo

You Know My Heart
It Beats for You

this.  it says love.  it says music.   it's a hands down winner.

done! thanks for the input.

the_wizzard

Looks like you got it covered, I was going to suggest a line from Waste. But It beats for you is a damn good choice.

bluesky

I know your done but needed to add one more to the list.

Just one thing

capt. scotty

I thing youve had a few better suggestions, but just to throw some Phish out there:

Found Your Voice
It brings me to my knees
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

walterfredo

I don't think I could put Bouncin' lyrics on an ipod and feel good about it.   ;) :D (I keed, I keed)

thanks for all the input though, seriously.  Even though phish has been a huge part of my life for the past 15 years, I was really wanting a MMJ lyric, tugs more at the emotional heart strings.  I actually didn't even begin to sort through phish lyrics to come up with one, I'm sure there would have been a ton of options.  agree that Waste has some good ones.  I went for the It Beats 4 You lyric, ordered and already got shipping confirmation, damn they're fast!  

capt. scotty

QuoteI don't think I could put Bouncin' lyrics on an ipod and feel good about it.   ;) :D (I keed, I keed)

thanks for all the input though, seriously.  Even though phish has been a huge part of my life for the past 15 years, I was really wanting a MMJ lyric, tugs more at the emotional heart strings.  

Thats Silent In The Morning, dude!!   >:( ;)

Totally agree with your 2nd point though. Ive always loved Phish, but theyve never been my favorite band..My favorite band's, the Jacket being the current heavyweight champ, have always been lyrically intelligent, relevant, and relatable on a personal level.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

walterfredo

d'oh.  indeed it is.  and I actually like horse>silent.  my brain aint functioning properly this a.m.  my bad.  silent and bouncin both have that similar singing in rounds thing going on.  sorry captain!  

although you wouldn't know it by my song blunder, phish HAS been my fav. band for years and years, lots of time, energy and money have been absorbed by that band, but yeah, was really wanting an MMJ lyric! They're so much more of an emotional band for me.  The exact reason I couldn't go to T5 w/o my gf, would have been a rough one.  But I can see phish w/o her, although not preferred!