Bad man from California

Started by Johnny_Yac, Dec 17, 2010, 11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

So, I may be late to this realization, but noticed Okonokos was released through ATO/Badman Records.  Sort of a chicken-or-the-egg question.  Is this the "bad man" from One Big Holiday, or is Badman Records named from the song?
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Im The Dude

QuoteSo, I may be late to this realization, but noticed Okonokos was released through ATO/Badman Records.  Sort of a chicken-or-the-egg question.  Is this the "bad man" from One Big Holiday, or is Badman Records named from the song?

I didn't even think of that one.....hmmm.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

danz

I believe aMillionDreams touched upon this subject in this thread:  http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1291918765

If I'm not mistaken, Badman records started in 1997, so most likely the label came first.  I will go with the theory that Jim cleverly insinuated that the label was tossing undeniable offers to them and this is simply a ballad in reference to it all, though I'd like to give the record label the benefit of the doubt and believe they aren't as malicious as the song may (or may not - it's pretty ambiguous after all) depict.