Same in any language

Started by jellyfish, Dec 06, 2006, 01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jellyfish

This little gem has been hiding from me.What a great song and has some of the best acoustic guitar picking I have heard by Jim(I think it's Jim)and Carl on the pedal steel.....beautiful song.

It's on the Elizabethtown soundtrack....I don't remember seeing anyone talk about this song on here.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Hawkeye

Funny you mention that...I just heard the song, or at least part of it, for the first time last night while watching Elizabethtown...I really need to hear the whole song now!  On a side note, the flaming bird thing during Free Bird is great
We could.

marino13

It's on Itunes, but I think you have to purchase the whole album to get it. >:(

aMD

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Ghosts_on_TV

I have the song on my myspace page at //www.myspace.com/kidicarus1 if anyone wants to hear it. It says it's ryan adams, but alas! It's not. ;)

EDIT: I Don't anymore. ;)
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Dee.

I like Ryan's song on that soundtrack too. Words. Mmmm.

evilPaauwe

jims opening acoustic really reminds of some of Jimmy Paiges acoustic stuff.  "over the hills and far..."  "hey hey what can i do"    "going to california ect. ect. ect..             i think i've seen other threads discussing jims newfound similarties to paige.

and doesn't he mention freedom fries in the song
cheers.

Dillsnufus

sry for bumping really old thread but great fuckin song. been listening to it. :thumbsup:
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

woodnymph

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Feb 28, 2012, 12:56 AM
sry for bumping really old thread but great fuckin song. been listening to it. :thumbsup:

Found it again on an old mix cd a month or so ago, and wowwww what a surprise treat.... definitely love it  :thumbsup:
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

johnnYYac

Still available to download from Amazon for 99 cents:

http://www.amazon.com/Same-In-Any-Language/dp/B00136JGVE

twas written by Nancy Wilson, btw.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

YungYave

I heard it for the first time on MMJ pandora. I've never seen Elizabethtown, at first I thought Ruckus was a side project Jim James was involved with haha. Great tune, especially in summer.
his arms were thin, and off into the night they ran

johnnYYac

Quote from: YungYave on Feb 28, 2012, 11:16 AM
I heard it for the first time on MMJ pandora. I've never seen Elizabethtown, at first I thought Ruckus was a side project Jim James was involved with haha. Great tune, especially in summer.
Elizabethtown is not a good movie, surprising considering Cameron Crowe and the cast.  I snagged a used DVD on eBay for $3.99 and almost think I overpaid, but for the glimpse of MMJ as Ruckus and their presence on the soundtrack. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jellyfish

Ok this is the 1st time an old(2006) thread of mine has been revived.Haha I don't even remember posting it but the song is great.Gonna give it a listen now in this threads honor!  :thumbsup:

Ya,and the movie does suck.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

sweatboard

I for one loved the movie, I also love Cameron Crowe....

P.S.

Where To Begin is worth the price  of admission. 
There's Still Time.........

dub82

one of mmj's most underrated songs. i am pretty sure there is no pedal steel in it, though (unless there is a version I am not aware of)

Dillsnufus

Quote from: Jellyfish on Feb 28, 2012, 07:29 PM
Ok this is the 1st time an old(2006) thread of mine has been revived.Haha I don't even remember posting it but the song is great.Gonna give it a listen now in this threads honor!  :thumbsup:

Ya,and the movie does suck.

i figured why make another thread about a song when there is already one. lol
Gazziza My Dillsnufus