May 04 Toronto Opera House show Video exists

Started by Billo, Mar 17, 2006, 10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billo

Are people aware that the Canadian version of MTV Much Music had a camera crew recoring some of the May 2004 show in Toronto?

EC

QuoteAre people aware that the Canadian version of MTV Much Music had a camera crew recoring some of the May 2004 show in Toronto?

I was not aware of that.  Do you work there and did you just find it in the archives?  :)

Billo

Hi
I don't work there, but I was standing right in front of the videographer to the left of the stage.  I asked him and he said he was getting some footage.  He stayed for about 5-7 songs duirng mid-set.  He may have gotten Oxen, Masterplan and SteamEngine.  I'd have to review my songlist of the concert.  
The footage may have ended up on The New Music program or The Wedge on Muchmusic.

BH

Must     Hear     More     Info......Please.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Jaimoe

I'll go and check the MuchMusic library right now. I remember seeing the crew at that show and I know the camera op. I talked to him after the show and I think they only recorded one song.

Jaimoe

The Opera House footage contains the end of How Do You Know and a complete Death Is The Easy Way - I believe with M Ward helping out on backing vocals.

I also found a tape with footage from their Lee's Palace show in Toronto from 9/13/03. There's three minutes of Dancefloors with mostly left-channel audio.

I also found Jim doing a solo acoustic Dancefloors, Golden and By My Car at a record store in Toronto from the day after the Lee's show. The camera is almost on top of Jim. There's a very long interview at the end of the tape and Jim talks about the influence of Special Cowboy and "getting railroaded", then he talks about reverb and MMJ's sound and Jim's favourite Muppet moment etc.... I doubt if this interview has ever seen the light of day.

I can't burn copies of this footage or I'd get fired. However, If I ever run into any of you in T.O., I may be able to smuggle a copy to you.

doughty

in lieu of burning copies, can I ask what Jim's favorite Muppet moment is?  :)

Jaimoe

Quotein lieu of burning copies, can I ask what Jim's favorite Muppet moment is?  :)

He has many fav moments, but he loves Kermit sitting on a log singing Rainbow Connection.

dragonboy

QuoteHe has many fav moments, but he loves Kermit sitting on a log singing Rainbow Connection.

That made me smile!  ;D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EC

See, if I had your job Jaimoe, I would be fired.  I would be in the archives non stop and wouldn't get any work done.

What ELSE is in there?  Like, yeah.  Seriously.  Every day I would think of a band I wanted to look up.  When my friend V used to be the coffee girl for BT, she just spent hours listening and looking at stuff.

Good thing her job was a volunteer job.  ;)

BH

I can't burn copies of this footage or I'd get fired. However, If I ever run into any of you in T.O., I may be able to smuggle a copy to you.

I'll be ariving at the Toronto Airport in 3 hours 37 minutes.  What time do you open tommorow?

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Jaimoe

I'll be ariving at the Toronto Airport in 3 hours 37 minutes.  What time do you open tommorow?

I don't work tomorrow. I'm back at work Wednesday night. I could personally show you the footage as part of a tour of the station.

jrat

so when im in TO for upcoming concert, i could walk into Much, and ask to see the footage, as part of a tour? i just might call you on that and show up the morning of said concert, beer in hand, slurring " show me these fucking tapes before i blow these, road flares strapped to my body, right the fuck up"
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd

Jaimoe

Quoteso when im in TO for upcoming concert, i could walk into Much, and ask to see the footage, as part of a tour?  

Sure. Give it a try. Say "hi" to the cops for me.