interview on pitchfork

Started by chris, Apr 03, 2006, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris

There's a pretty good interview with the whole band (except Jim) on Pitchfork's website.  It sounds like it was done pretty recently.  It just went up today.  
yeah, so if it's sad, well you still gotta live till ya die

ellisintransit

It was very good....except for the parts where the interviewer says that Z has been out for 18 months (I assume a typo) and the part where they talk about having rain in their live show (like in Elizabethtown during the wedding scene) and I guess the interviewer thought they were referring to "Ruckus" and called them "Rain".  Otherwise it was nice to see the rest of the boys giving an interview instead of the interview focusing on Jim.  

What an awesome group of dudes.

Mr. T.

Thanks chris for pointing that out, here's the link:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/interviews/m/my-morning-jacket-06/

The part about Jim is great, as is the rest of the interview... :)
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

Dee.

Thanks for the link.  I love that Jim is an iPod dj like myself. What Bo said:
QuoteHe has a real skill for getting a whole room in on a joke or a whole room focused on listening to a song. When I first met him that was my favorite thing to do with Jim. Late at night he'd get his iPod and just DJ for me for an hour. He has an amazing feel.

And, guys, come on, 'fess up.  Who sent Pat this email?  
QuotePatrick Hallahan: Somebody emailed me and said Z was the bible of the universe. That's pretty fucking weird [laughs].
;)

primushead

I blame Ratsprayer, for his odd religeous beliefs.  I mean...It just seems like something he'd do.

sweatboard

I was figuring Jim sent it to him under a false e-mail adress.
There's Still Time.........

primushead

Heheh, that could be a good theory too.  

ratsprayer

QuoteI blame Ratsprayer, for his odd religeous beliefs.  I mean...It just seems like something he'd do.

dont be foolish, i would never use the word bible.  

primushead

Ah HAH!  I got you to say 'bible'!!   :D

ChiefOKONO

that is a kick ass interview.. thanks so much for posting it. Some more great work by dennis cook, i love it!!!

JacketGal

Snappy strikes again!! This guy is a great writer...and the band seems just as down to earth as can be. :)
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

wellfleet

love for the jacket aside, pitchfork can eat me. they're the kids who got teased at school and decided to get revenge by becoming assholes.
i know it, you know it...
everything sucks. really.

ratsprayer

Quotelove for the jacket aside, pitchfork can eat me. they're the kids who got teased at school and decided to get revenge by becoming assholes.
i know it, you know it...

im a big time asshole, and they piss me off most of the time.  then again, most assholes dont get along...

primushead

The world has three kinds of people:  Dicks, assholes and pussies.  Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes.  :)

ManNamedTruth

In the interview they bring up the comparision to Lynnard Skynnard and I was thinking about that. I think that MMJ's music has that southern style and their personalities shine through in a similar way. They're right in that they don't sound like skynnard. And skynnards appraoch was much more straight forward with the rebel flags and all that. MMJ just has that southern gentleman kinda thing goin, especially on It Still Moves.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

jrat

hey primus head, i dont know where you go tthat but its been copied, pasted and sent too all of my friends. awesome.
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd

primushead

It's from "Team America: World Police"  

If you haven't seen it yet, drop everything and go rent it.  It's a fantasticly funny movie.

sweatboard

"Release The Panthers!!!!"  ;D
There's Still Time.........