Yet ANOTHER DVD THREAD

Started by chunt983, May 21, 2006, 12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chunt983

Going to try and throw a new twist on this one. I don't wanna ask when the release date is cause nobody knows. But does anyone have the setlist for the nights they filmed so we can at least bullshit about what songs we are going to get? Plus, for anyone that was at the shows they they were filming, what were some highlights? What was the set like? Any funny comments from Jim? Help me out I can't wait for this DVD!!!!

CC

November 11th - The Fillmore, San Francisco CA  

01. Wordless Chorus  
02. It Beats For You  
03. One Big Holliday  
04. The Way That He sings  
05. Golden  
06. Sooner  
07. Xmas Curtain  
08. Wonderful Man  
09. Gideon  
10. Bermuda Highway  
11. Hopefully  
12. Where To Begin  
13. Lay Low  
14. Dancefloors  
15. Off The Record  
16. Don Dante  
17. Run Thru  
18. Into The Woods  (w/ Johnny Quaid, The Maestro & Other Bunnies)
19. I Think I'm Going To Hell  
20. Picture Of You  
21. Anytime  
22. Mahgeetah  

November 12th - The Fillmore, San Francisco CA  

01. Wordless Chorus  
02. The Dark  
03. It Beats For You  
04. Gideon  
05. One Big Holliday  
06. I Will Sing You Songs  
07. Lowdown  
08. How Do You Know  
09. Death Is The Easy Way  
10. The Bear  
11. Wonderful Man  
12. Off The Record  
13. O Is The One  
14. I Think I'm Going To Hell  
15. Lay Low  
16. Don Dante  
17. Steam Engine  
18. Run Thru  
19. Bermuda Highway  
20. At Dawn  
21. Strangulation  
22. Mahgeetah  
23. Anytime  

chunt983

damn, those are two good setlists. really no holes. too bad there's no "easy mornin' rebel", they really need to play that more, great song.

Anyone know how they are going to put this DVD together? Is it going to be a collection of the best tracks they filmed or what?  There are a lot of repeated songs between the two nights so I take it they'll take the best cuts from the two nights.

ChiefOKONO

jim mentioned some additional filiming in louisville in some interview. it seems like it will be more like a movie than a normal concert dvd, thats the impression i got anyway...

NJ2KY

damn i was hoping that it would just be the first night on disc one and the second night on disc two maybe with some special features or commentary.  

I mean documentary movies are fun and all, but i much prefer a straight concert DVD.
the memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime.

chunt983

in an ideal world they would make sure every one of those songs are featured on the dvd. possibly a 2 disc set. I think having each night on the dvd would be kind of odd because there are so many repeats. It seems to me like they did the really popular/fan favorites twice to make sure they got a good recording and performance. That way they have two versions to decide on. I think they'll pick a handful of the rare ones to go with the DVD, not sure which ones though.

Really if any of these songs get left out it's going to be a bummer because all the songs are kickass. I just hope they leave on dancefloors. Plus I'm sure their will be a documentary type of thing going w/ this. At least a 2 disc DVD is really needed here.

Maybe each song will have it's own vibe to it, and each song will be filmed kinda like a music video with little shots of the band recording stuff for Z, or shots of them doing things on tour while the live music is playing. Maybe they'll keep switching back and forth between different things and the live concert. If they do it that way the music really won't have to be filmed in any sort of order. They could jump around from different songs on different nights and it really wouldn't matter. Idn if anyone here is a black crowes fan, but they just released a DVD this year and I thought some of it was pretty interesting how they filmed it. They had alot of film of the band and they would often cut to that during the concert and the music would keep playing, but they kinda set up some really good video to go with the live show. It was mostly behind the scenes shit, the band getting ready to go out on stage, makeup, rehearsel, shit like that.

I think jim is going to really go off w/ this DVD. it's going to be more of a movie than a concert video. A lot of visuals and crazy shit. Just look at all the lil videos they made for their albums. I thought the "it still moves" video was kickass, and the "Z" one was definitely strange. I'm expecting some kickass live footage along w/ some strange shit that will come from left field. It sounds like the band is really into this DVD, it should be a great project.

ChiefOKONO

BH

Tee Heee  Heeee!  This thread makes me giggle with excitement like a school girl at recess time.  

Did I say that outloud?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

chunt983

I get giddy as hell too. I have been dying to show my close friends/family what the jacket is all about. They need to come to pittsburgh again so i can drag everyone out to the show to see this band. You can play jacket songs for people but they really need some visuals to go with it to see the energy they have.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteI get giddy as hell too. I have been dying to show my close friends/family what the jacket is all about. They need to come to pittsburgh again so i can drag everyone out to the show to see this band. You can play jacket songs for people but they really need some visuals to go with it to see the energy they have.

Hey I'm from right outside of pittsburgh and never seen em live. whens the last time they came?? I really need to see them live. Not too many people around here seem to know about them but I'm trying to spread the word.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ManNamedTruth

I would be happy with a concert/documentary on disc one with additional live performances on disc two. I'm just as excited for the double live cd.

tomEisenbraun

All i can say is that they better have a damn white stallion and a sword fight during the rain song...

or at least a halloween gangster tommy-gunning to open the thing.

naw'mean?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

BH

Can anyone whow was at the show comment on the Into the Woods performance with Quaid and the Meastro?  Or any other strange happenings from that night?  I guess taping wasn't allowed that night, huh?  It seems like very little info is out there on how that whole show went.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

MyLifeISought

32 different songs; 9 from Z, 7 from It Still Moves, 8 from At Dawn, 4 from Tennessee Fire...
Pretty damn good mix!!! The Dondante/Steam Engine/Run Thru from the second night looks SICK

Wordless Chorus  
It Beats For You  
One Big Holliday  
The Way That He sings  
Golden  
Sooner  
Xmas Curtain  
Wonderful Man  
Gideon  
Bermuda Highway  
Hopefully  
Where To Begin  
Lay Low  
Dancefloors  
Off The Record  
Don Dante  
Run Thru  
Into The Wood
I Think I'm Going To Hell  
Picture Of You  
Anytime  
Mahgeetah
The Dark
I Will Sing You Songs
Lowdown
How Do You Know
Death Is The Easy Way
The Bear
O Is The One That Is Real
Steam Engine
At Dawn
Strangulation
"Music is my savior
I was tamed by rock and roll
I was maimed by rock and roll
Got my name from rock and roll"
-Wilco

ChiefOKONO

it went good, its a strange song but i don't remember anything too unusual about it.
the show overall was absolutely SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QuoteCan anyone whow was at the show comment on the Into the Woods performance with Quaid and the Meastro?  Or any other strange happenings from that night?  I guess taping wasn't allowed that night, huh?  It seems like very little info is out there on how that whole show went.

sweatboard

I am BEGGING AND PLEADING that they make ALL the footage available in the bonus features.  Please, please, please. :-*
There's Still Time.........

chunt983

Hey I'm from right outside of pittsburgh and never seen em live. whens the last time they came?? I really need to see them live. Not too many people around here seem to know about them but I'm trying to spread the word.

hey man glad to see some other pittsburghers on here. I'm about ten minutes away from the city. I dunno if you're familiar w/ the suburbs around pitt but they played millvale in the summer of '04 i believe it was...ya. But millvale is about ten minutes out of the city and it's this shit shitty ass town, they played in front of like 100 ppl I shit you not, one of the best concerts i was ever at.  it really sux because pittsburgh isn't up to date w/ the good music and nobody showed up. The jacket doesn't have a real good following here yet, thats' why i try to spread the word and drag all my friends to shows. I had to travel to cleveland to catch them last summer. what part of pitt you from?

BH

The Dondante/Steam Engine/Run Thru from the second night looks SICK

Holy Shit I just noticed that!  I seriously may have had a break down if I was at that show.  That shall now be officially known as the DSR Trifecta.  Legendary.

ManNamedTruth

I'm about 45 minutes away from pittsburgh in westmoreland county.