a day late...a dollar short

Started by tdlftdaporch, Jun 02, 2006, 10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdlftdaporch

Hey all,

I'm new. I just got into MMJ about a month ago.  Z is amazing. Which one should I get next?

Unfortunately,  I missed the boat when MMJ was in San Diego a few months back. Does anyone know if they are coming back around? As everyone knows they are currently opening for Pearl Jam, but unfortunately they won't be with PJ when they come to San Diego in July.

ycartrob

QuoteHey all,

I'm new. I just got into MMJ about a month ago.  Z is amazing. Which one should I get next?

Unfortunately,  I missed the boat when MMJ was in San Diego a few months back. Does anyone know if they are coming back around? As everyone knows they are currently opening for Pearl Jam, but unfortunately they won't be with PJ when they come to San Diego in July.

Get At Dawn. Easily one of my favorite albums of all time.
Wait till you see them live! Wow. But for now, enjoy your mind while it's still in 1 piece.

welcome

chris

I'll second the "At Dawn" recommendation.  It is one of my favorite albums of all time.  However, a lot of people consider "It Still Moves" to be the more accessible album and possibly better as an introduction; I guess it all depends on what you're looking for.  Good luck.
yeah, so if it's sad, well you still gotta live till ya die

ratsprayer

since Z is the first MMJ album youve heard, AT DAWN might be a big shock for you since its way more laid back and not nearly as 'slick' in production, not that either one of those is a bad thing.  

as far as touring, just after jim got better there was talk about a european tour and a headlining tour later this year.  i hope it all happens that way.  

realdeal

QuoteI'll second the "At Dawn" recommendation.  It is one of my favorite albums of all time.  However, a lot of people consider "It Still Moves" to be the more accessible album and possibly better as an introduction; I guess it all depends on what you're looking for.  Good luck.

At Dawn is the best album of all time.

ChiefOKONO

I'd recommend It Still moves next
and then At Dawn

Coltrane

go with "At Dawn." And when they return to San Diego, bring Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches for the band. They'll know what that means.

Hell, they will probably have one for you!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

Easy Morning Rebel

QuoteI'd recommend It Still moves next
and then At Dawn
I'll second that recommendation.
For me it was easier to get into It Still Moves than At Dawn, but now AD is my favorite album.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

MMJ_fanatic

You cannot go wrong with all of their releases
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

ChiefOKONO

yep. It still moves is just easier to get into for the jacket novice...

I'll second that recommendation.
For me it was easier to get into It Still Moves than At Dawn, but now AD is my favorite album.