Mike McCready's(PJ guitarist) comments on MMJ

Started by yieldgirl, May 24, 2006, 09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yieldgirl

How's My Morning Jacket working out as your opening band?
I've just seen them a few times, and they're a really, really cool band. I have their record, and I thought it was pretty rad, but live they just get into it. They've got this Allman Brothers vibe. You've probably seen them...

I haven't. This'll be my first time.

I think you're gonna have a good time because the interplay between the two guitar players is really cool, and of course that's what I look for a lot of the time, being a guitar player. There's some really cool guitar work going on. Great songs, beautiful harmonies. The crowd seems to be really receptive to them so far, and that's what you want. You want somebody to put on a good show and maybe kick your own band in the (butt) a little bit. I think they're doing that to us.
He made it to the ocean, had a smoke in a tree.
The wind rose up set him down on his knee.
A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw.
Deliver him wings,

primushead

Quote You want somebody to put on a good show and maybe kick your own band in the (butt) a little bit. I think they're doing that to us.

Heheheh.... 8)

Mr. T.

Cool, can i know what's your source on this?
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

Tree

why can´t mmj open for pearl jam in berlin...

but i think wolfmother will be good too.

Angry Ewok

QuoteCool, can i know what's your source on this?

I hate how this forum doesn't have the shortened links quickbutton... here's that interview, and there are several more questions, of course.

http://www.mlive.com/music/grpress/index.ssf?/base/entertainment-2/1147967709258360.xml&coll=6&thispage=8
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

SmoothOprtr

I think Pearl Jam is terribly overated and couldn't justify paying 65 bucks to see them from the 300 level of some mega complex after watching MMJ from 15 away every other show...
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

Meddle

i cant help  but to agree, but I will say that the Hendrix inspired Yellow Ledbetter is a good tune with great guitar work.
...And Some Are Angels...

sweatboard

Quotei cant help  but to agree, but I will say that the Hendrix inspired Yellow Ledbetter is a good tune with great guitar work.

:-/
There's Still Time.........

yieldgirl

QuoteI think Pearl Jam is terribly overated and couldn't justify paying 65 bucks to see them from the 300 level of some mega complex after watching MMJ from 15 away every other show...

overrated in what???
He made it to the ocean, had a smoke in a tree.
The wind rose up set him down on his knee.
A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw.
Deliver him wings,

doEVILslittle

yeah i thought the same...then i saw them at camden night II and it blew me away....i now love pearl jam

JennyP

Saw MMJ for the first time in DC last night and became an instant fan.....and PS  Pearl Jam is the best band ever and last nights show was F@!#$N' kick ass

dragonboy

Quote...and PS Pearl Jam is the best band ever and last nights show was F@!#$N' kick ass

Best band after MMJ, right?  ;)

Good to have aboard Jenny P  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

SiOuxTribe

QuoteI think Pearl Jam is terribly overated and couldn't justify paying 65 bucks to see them from the 300 level of some mega complex after watching MMJ from 15 away every other show...

Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis