Patrick you are an AMAZING DRUMMER!

Started by suebeeboo, May 18, 2006, 06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suebeeboo

I saw you for the first time last night at the United Center.  YOU ARE AWESOME!  AMAZING!  MESMERIZING!  FANTASTIC!  I could not keep my eyes off of you - you totally stole the show!  Women must be falling in love with you at every show!  How long have you been playing drums??

Quick question - Since you guys are from Louisville - do you know Travis Meeks, Ray Rizzo and Chuck Mingus from Days of the New?

Lots of LOVE & Peace to you!  XOXOXOXOXOX
Sue
other times I can barely see

EC

QuoteI saw you for the first time last night at the United Center.  YOU ARE AWESOME!  AMAZING!  MESMERIZING!  FANTASTIC!  I could not keep my eyes off of you - you totally stole the show!  Women must be falling in love with you at every show!  How long have you been playing drums??

Quick question - Since you guys are from Louisville - do you know Travis Meeks, Ray Rizzo and Chuck Mingus from Days of the New?

Lots of LOVE & Peace to you!  XOXOXOXOXOX
Sue

agreed.  patrick=sex   but i believe that patrick has a beautiful wife, which means the rest of us are shit out of luck.

;D

SiOuxTribe

When I was walking around campus a few monthes ago I really listened in depth to alot of his drum parts, especially on 'Just One Thing'.  How he works the bass drum into the rhthym of the song and the guitar's strumming is fucking amazing, especially that opening drum part where he plays on the toms, hits the open hi-hat and just as he closes it hits his crash...fucking amazing.  then going into the 2nd verse (i think that one) he goes 'sss, ss ,sss' (best explanation possible) on the highhat and goes back into that shit.
Next time anyone is driving around in the passenger side of a car, and the windows are open and the air is nice, airdrum to this song, its like liberating magical happiness.

I can only play like one beat on the drums, but once I do learn them better  I'm learning this song, no matter how long it takes
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

sweatboard

Pete and Jim are SOUL mates of the truest kind.  God bless Patrick, I don't imagine Jim would ever have his Morning Jacket without Patrick behind him.  It's truly a Cosmic occurance that those two found each other.  One that I am truly greatful for..........and I'm sure they both feel the same way.  
There's Still Time.........

BH

I have always been amazed at how Patrick can be so ferocious and subtle all on the same song.  It's really unbelievably beautiful.  And it does seem like him and Jim have this amazing connection some time that plays off of each other.  Patrick definately can make his drums follow the ups and downs of Jim's voice perfectly.

Ironically, I was listening to the Fire on the way to work this morning and was blown away by the drum work on picture of you.  (It's amazing how you can listen to something a thousand times and then all of a sudden just pull out something new).  I realize that this is not Patrick, but man, is it good.  Give that one a fresh listen and conventrate on the cymbals and what not.  I am no drummer (however I do pretend to be one in the car) so I don't know how technical this track is, but all I know is I like the way it makes me feel.  Kind of like Stephen Perkins, it's the one of a kind style that gets me goin'.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

tomEisenbraun

it's funny that you mention picture of you, because that's probably where the old drummer pisses me off most. not to belittle you for picking that track, but being a music snob, the production of the drums on that rides under my skin. the cymbals are too prominent and drown out everything else that's going on in the track at the end. during the "you don't say i'll wait up" bit. sorry for ranting about it, but that part always killed that song for me. the live version from the Cat'sCradle show in 2004 totally fixes that for me, though. the new line-up has been the best thing ever for this band. Bo alone is worth it.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

sweatboard

Funny I REALLY love the drums on War Begun and Picture Of You.
There's Still Time.........

BH

Quoteit's funny that you mention picture of you, because that's probably where the old drummer pisses me off most. not to belittle you for picking that track, but being a music snob, the production of the drums on that rides under my skin. the cymbals are too prominent and drown out everything else that's going on in the track at the end. during the "you don't say i'll wait up" bit. sorry for ranting about it, but that part always killed that song for me. the live version from the Cat'sCradle show in 2004 totally fixes that for me, though. the new line-up has been the best thing ever for this band. Bo alone is worth it.

I see what your saying, but for me that's what makes it stand out from other stuff.  I will check out the Cat's Cradle version though.  Thanks for the tip!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

primushead

I agree with Tom.

I know it's low production on those two songs and all, but the cymbals take over the sound WAY too much.  They could've made them sound so much better.  

The live versions that they do with those songs sound great though, I must say.  

ChiefOKONO

i dig patrick a lot too.. i hope to one day experience his arena rock beats in a small club!

marktwain

yep.  Patrick is an amazing drummer.

I Will Sing You Songs is effing unbelievable.  That song is all Patrick.

Dorothy_Mantooth

He's got the best seat in the house.
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

Easy Morning Rebel

Patrick's the best.  He's the king of the drums! ;D
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

this is now the official picture for patrick in the ec book of what is AWESOME.

primushead

EC

QuoteIs that at Bonnaroo?

nope - just saw it in the gallery. :)