Main Menu

jims guitars

Started by MaxiHaxi, Jun 27, 2006, 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxiHaxi

which guitars has jim james.

a flying v, a gibson es 335 (hope i'm right) and any others?

Angry Ewok

Jim has alot of guitars... He plays the Gibson Flying V (Does anyone know what year/model? Vintage?), a couple of different color Gibson ES 335 (Semi-Hollow Body), a Gibson SG (61 reissue?), and a Fender Stratocaster....

He also plays a Gibson Acoustic (Pioneer?)...

Carl plays a beautiful ebony Gisbon Les Paul, but he's picked up a gold one from time to time, also.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

DD

im pretty sure he told me his strat was a 76.  unless im mistaken i believe he and johnny got custom built gibsons back in the day.  johnny got the sg and jim got the flying v.

he used to play a guild starfire but i once saw that on ebay.    but as far as i know most of the rest of his guitars are recent other than the fender and i think the takamie (or taylor/traynor????) acoustic he sometimes plays.  

other than on letterman the other day the only guitars ive seen carl play is a gold les paul, a black les paul (standard or custom im not sure) and a saxamaphone.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

corey

He also plays the 12-string Ovation electric on WAWM.

Clarkwork

Carl also has a guitar just like mine which is a Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, with the zebra Burstbucker pickups.  I've seen him play it a few times.  This was the one he used on the Craig Ferguson show.  It's a great guitar.  
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....