Jim James on Gnarls Barkley

Started by tdan, Aug 11, 2006, 09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdan

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/living/articles/2006/08/11/the_idiosyncratic_duo_has_the_charts_going_crazy

Whatever the secret is, for Jim James, lead singer of Kentucky rockers My Morning Jacket, what's more important is the collective unity that is nurtured when so many people groove on something of such quality.

``The music is combining so many elements of what so many people enjoy -- rock, pop, soul, experimental -- that it's really pushing people's minds to think and listen different," says James via e - mail. ``I think it also helps our souls, it gives us all something in common when we can meet someone on the street and know some of the same music is in our heads. That gives us a powerful connection, that's what makes me hopeful."

Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

EC

Quote``I think it also helps our souls, it gives us all something in common when we can meet someone on the street and know some of the same music is in our heads. That gives us a powerful connection, that's what makes me hopeful."
that is the fucking word right. there.  that's it.

Coltrane

THIS is what i've been trying to say when defending this band to the bitter end.....!!! This is why they're different from all other bands!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!