Fader 40th Issue

Started by LaurieBlue, Aug 29, 2006, 05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieBlue

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060829/nytu130.html?.v=63

Press Release Source: The FADER Magazine

The FADER 40th Issue Spectacular Hits Newsstands and iTunes

Celebrating the Past, Present and Future 40 With the FADER's Most Outrageously Ambitious Issue Ever;

Enhanced iTunes PDF Includes Hot Links for Advertisers and Free Digital Subscriptions

NEW YORK, Aug. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- The FADER magazine, the definitive voice of emerging music, releases its 40th issue spectacular featuring a collection of mixed beats, fashion, photography and insight into music today. As with its last issue where the FADER became the first music magazine available for free download on iTunes, FADER 40 will also be accessible via iTunes. The new download builds upon the previous issue with interactive enhancements such as editorial and advertiser hot links, free digital subscriptions and audio podcasts featuring music showcased in the issue.

For this issue, The FADER editorial team asked eight of the biggest talents across different styles of music about the key people that have inspired them, influenced them, grown up with them and given them hope for the future. The result is a breathtaking collection of 40 artists from the past, present and future providing an all-encompassing map of the current musical landscape: juxtaposing everything from rockers to rappers, honky-tonkers to DJs, from Reggaeton MCs to Salsa Soneros and beyond.

The comprehensive musical taste of The FADER is realized with interviews and photos of artists like Young Jeezy, My Morning Jacket, Dwight Yoakum, The Boredoms, and Tego Calderon.

The FADER 40 also features the 2006 Fall Fashion special, featuring the most essential looks and an incredible fashion feature called "Passing Fancy" by photographer Andrew Dosunmu and stylist Mobolaji Dawodu.

Highlights of the new issue include:

Young Jeezy

"We all know where I came from, but look where I'm at. If you believe you can damn near get here, too."

Atlanta's most motivational rapper, Young Jeezy -- AKA "your favorite rapper's favorite rapper" -- insists on his controversial message of hope, struggle and financial gain, and encourages the world to get it by any means necessary.

WITH: Beanie Sigel, DJ Drama, Shawty Redd and Bigga Rankin

My Morning Jacket's Jim James

"All your success isn't worth anything if you're lying in a hospital bed ... as long as the guys in the band are happy and we're friends and I'm not dead, it's okay."

This frontman has overcome a series of setbacks and transformed his group into one of the most exciting live rock bands in the world.

WITH: Dr Dog, Andrew Bird, Scott Carney and Swearing At Motorists

Dwight Yoakum

"I wrote [Readin', Rightin', Rt 23] to illustrate how blessed I felt to have come from Appalachian culture. I wrote that song to replace ridicule with honor."

For over 20 years, Los Angeles's most prolific transplant hillbilly has defied the conventional wisdom of the country music industry and has still managed to bring his native Appalachia honor-and platinum plaques.

WITH: Shooter Jennings, Los Lobos, Alejandro Escovedo, Keith Gattis and Southern Culture on the Skids

Yoshimi

"I always feel inspired by my bandmates ... I feel influenced by what they do. There are uncountable influential experiences I feel all the time."

The woman who inspired The Flaming Lips legendary album "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" is at the forefront of the world's art-rock diaspora with her bands OOIOO and the Boredoms.

WITH: Yamataka Eye, Moodman and Little Tokyo

Project Pat

"But the name of the game is get it, and if I can get any dude off the streets any way I can, that's a blessing to me."

The rapper with the most charismatic, multisyllabic flow in the South has all the anticipation in the world and a brand new beginning.

WITH: Willie D of the Geto Boys, Spanish Fly, Rodney O and Joe Cooley.

Tego Calderon

"In the '60s Maelo and [his musical partner] Cortijo were these two black kids from the humble part of the island who were bringing the African music ... to the masses. I felt a connection to him."

The so-called King of Reggaeton has relinquished his crown and proved he never wanted it anyway by representing for black Puerto Rico with the most ambitious, genre-smashing music imaginable.

WITH: Buju Banton, Cheo Feliciano, Vico C, Danny Fornaris and DJ Nelson

Not to mention The FADER's well-known Gen F section, featuring emerging artists like:

Movado, Bobby Bare Jr., Planet Rock, Grizzly Bear, Joe Bataan, Fancy, Magic Juan, and Tony Matterhorn

About The FADER

Founded by Rob Stone and Jon Cohen in 1998, The FADER magazine is the definitive voice of emerging music and the lifestyle that surrounds it. Through in-depth reporting and a distinct street sensibility, The FADER aggressively covers the most dynamic breadth of music and style emanating from the fringes of the mainstream to the heart of the underground, and was also the first publication in history to be released on iTunes. The FADER is the authority on what's next.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: The FADER Magazine

Meddle

That's one of the first quotes from Jim that i've read concerning pneumonia. Good Stuff nonetheless. Thanks Laurie!
...And Some Are Angels...