Good GOD, the boys never.......

Started by TEO, Sep 19, 2006, 03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TEO

cease to astound me! The 11-25 show at Clowes Hall in INDY is a benefit for Riley Children's Hospital! What a noble cause. I felt like a proud Father when I read it in the Indianapolis Star this morning (with a couple of color pics., the mirror group shot and JJ at 'Roo '05, cut off sport jacket and all). It is a true mark of a Band's character when they have "made it", that they start to give back to society. Hope to see you there, and wish I could ALL of you.......

(((((((MY MORNING JACKET)))))))
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Mr. T.

QuoteI felt like a proud Father

I recognise that feeling TEO, and I'm sure we're not the only ones feeling it.

After the Pukkelpop show I felt so proud being a fan of this band, much like a father would be proud of his little kid after a football game  :)
I think it's kinda normal, because I (we) saw this band grow up from  a little kind into a mature, intelligent and cool RnR band...

enough with the cripple analogy. I just wanted to say:
 I f*ng Love This Band  :-*
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

habbyflabbyblabby

I second that.  I too live in Indy, and, after reading that the Nov. 25 concert was a Rock for Riley event, I had a warm gushy feeling wash over me.  My daughter was treated at Riley for a few months of a rough summer a couple years back, and rockin' for a children's hospital is pretty damn cool.

megisnotreal

All the more reason to see another show in Indy.

PS: habbyflabbybabby... mr. show reference?

chunt983

haha, funny you say that cause I am constantly telling people about the band and wearing my worn out MMJ T shirts(kinda like the license plate:my son made the honor roll). Seeing them play in front of 100 ppl to hearing about them playing at the Roo in front of thousands I feel like yelling out "that's my boy". Can't wait for the DVD so I can get even lamer and show everyone my lil video. You just know something special is happening with this band and the music they are making is unmatched. Glad i'm not the only one that feels that way and does that shit.