your favorite album to okonokos song.

Started by Paauwe, Nov 17, 2006, 04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilPaauwe

Before i saw okonokos i had never paid much attention to the song "o is the one that is real". I had thought it was a merely "dece" song.....          then there was okonokos... totally turned me on to that song. Especially at the end when they just bust out and Jim is yelling whatever he is yelling. The ending was enough for me.  They showed some girl in the crowd dancing during this part and i'm pretty sure she was loving it too.           Also.        i have always loved "i will sing you songs" and "way that he sings"       but the okonokos version of each is just a reminder of why i love it.

so i must pry,     did okonokos turn you on to any songs. or are there any okonokos versions of songs that you love more than the studio version, or did it revive any love for songs you once had.
cheers.

aMD

what does "your favorite album to okonokos song" mean?

What is a "dece song"

BH

It was way before OKONOKOS but the first time I heard The Way That He Sings live was the first time I really "noticed" that song.   Steam Engine live really woke me up to that song more as well.  Hell, I think I could probably go on and on thru the whole catalog.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteBefore i saw okonokos i had never paid much attention to the song "o is the one that is real". I had thought it was a merely "dece" song.....          then there was okonokos... totally turned me on to that song. Especially at the end when they just bust out and Jim is yelling whatever he is yelling. The ending was enough for me.  They showed some girl in the crowd dancing during this part and i'm pretty sure she was loving it too.           Also.        i have always loved "i will sing you songs" and "way that he sings"       but the okonokos version of each is just a reminder of why i love it.

so i must pry,     did okonokos turn you on to any songs. or are there any okonokos versions of songs that you love more than the studio version, or did it revive any love for songs you once had.
I Think I'm Going to Hell is way better on Okonokos. Any live Steam Engine is so good, a lot better than on the album. Steam Engine on 'roo 04 is my favorite version that i've heard, i think they stretch that song out to like 12 minutes.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

sweatboard

The Okonokos vesion of "I Think I'm Going To Hell" is awesome but the most awesome version of all time will always remain the parking garrage version.  If you haven't seen it checki it out NOW!!!  It's off the documetary they did in Belgium (well somewhere in europe anyway).  I think it's in the media section of this website (if it's not, it should ;))
There's Still Time.........

sleezy_morning_reb

Any live version of One Big Holiday is more intense and in your face than the studio, but I'm like you Hitchhiker, I could go through the entire catalog.  Didn't Jim actually say that the songs live are in their purest and best form?
I'm ready for it now!

Loaded_Question

QuoteHell, I think I could probably go on and on thru the whole catalog.

Is this a shout out to "I think I'm Going to Hell?" Or is just a coincidence? (Perhaps a freudian slip?)

MMJ_fanatic

Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Billo

Never thought too much of  I Think I'm Going to Hell.  Okonokos version is very good and I have a new appreciation.
On the converse I think less of Off the Record after hearing many really good live vesions (Louisville, Toronto, Bonnaroo etc) I think I would not miss it if it were deleted from future set lists.  Same with Sooner.

meetinthehollows

Definately Dondante.  When I heard that on the Okonokos album it blew my mind.  The added guitar parts in it are so powerful.  I think that song is the defining moment on Okonokos.

fluffybear

Dondante, yes, but at dawn on okonokos is boss
When doctors and undertakers meet, they wink at each other.