Jim's on stage banter.........

Started by sweatboard, Jun 10, 2006, 11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brkndwnbus

Never knew they played that venue I've seen several shows there. I've only been listening to MMJ for a year now and lagas been closed for years. Its been like 2 1/2 years since they've played a show in Pittsburgh I think we're due.

Sorry about confusion, it was on the MOF tour with Oberst and M.Ward. I am not sure when/if the whole band played Laga.

SiOuxTribe

something like:

"Everyone give a big hand for the Slip!  They really throw it out at you, like a deck of cards with razor blades on them, or like frisbees, with razor blades, you can't help but catch it."

2nd show at 9:30  club D.C.
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

jebus

"you all treat us like a lady should be treated"  -jim james

roseland, 11/30

j_rud

"Hello Philadelphia. Ohhh, Philadelphia...youre like my favorite bean bag chair at my grandmothers house. Ya know, the one your ass just sinks right into when you're ready to take a nap...after eating  turkey. Thats what this is like. I know this isnt my grandmothers...and it isnt Thanksgiving...but thats what its like"

-Electric Factory, 12/1
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

BH

I went pee on a stick this morning and Jim was right.  I'm preggers.  I let that bass all up in this bitch.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ManNamedTruth

Quote"you all treat us like a lady should be treated"  -jim james

roseland, 11/30
I think he's been listening to too much aretha franklin.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

colleen

"mufuckin lionel richie"

here's the delightful story. sorry the video is crap. my camera was on clearance.

http://www.savefile.com/files/311522

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

colleen

oh and that was from roseland nyc 11/30/06.
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

MMJ_fanatic

Jim gave a lovely little history lesson about the building the Avalon is now in.  Apparently he is a "local history" buff and came into the knowledge that this building housed full sized model airplanes way bakc before the Wright brothers actually built theirs--kinda like "concept" vehicles...great stuff, thank you Jim.  P.S.--why did you duck into the bus so furtively last night???
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

heartbreakinwoman

i tried to find a photo, to no avail. BUT

dec 2nd, avalon boston
cant remember if it was before or after the model airplane lesson, but jim just randomly said that the lights hanging on the ceiling looked like giant panties....and when i looked up, they really did.  :o
thank you too jim

.Walt

When I was at the Milwaukee concert, he brought up the Quest Club in Minneapolis. which isn't cool cause they didn't play there this tour. I just cant let that go, i wanted a Minneapolis concert. thats all. Fucking Utah got one.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

megisnotreal

found this shit on youtube today.

hope you knoxville guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOWQ2ERB_F4

dwight

On It Still Moves tour at a Cinci show with the old line up the monitor was feeding back something nasty and Jim told the sound guy:

"I'm gettting some funky feeback in my monitor up here. Sounds like a flying saucer riding on a razor blade"

Poetic...even under pressure..