PreSale and Ticket Brokers

Started by flowersforchewy, Jun 12, 2008, 12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flowersforchewy

I have to say that the entire Concert Ticket purchasing system is crap, and there is almost no way for fans to get proper seating.
Example: I went on to the pre-sale an hour and half after it started for DC today, and ticketmasa said there was nothing available. By chance, I went to Swicket (a not-ticketmasa site) and they had MANY tickets available, in prime loactions only, starting at $200 and going up to $400. And that is within 2 hours of the pre-sale.

That seems fair.

gundy

I agree, I've learned that Ticket-scamster has a pretty tight grip in regards to selling tickets but they are not entirely the only gatekeepers with access.

In the future, if you're willing to take the time, look to see if the venue they're playing at sells tickets. You can either call them or see if they have a website and a link to where tickets may be available.

Gundy

searchinbig

Ticket Bastard sucks and so do brokers. The band should take control and do mail order for the true fans. I know scalpers will still get tix but at least the devoted stand a better chance. They can also do pick up (tix) the night of show. The whole system does suck. I tried the same to get tix for RCMH and they said sold out immediately, yet Stub Hub had plenty if tix, scalpers no doubt. And let's not forget the Amex card holders get the first stab at tix. Only rich folks have Amex!!

:-/
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

flowersforchewy

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunatley I went onto DAR's website, and they only sell thru Ticketmasa, which is thru IMP, so I guess one of the two of them are out to support the greedy middle man.

getbusyliving

Anybody know if all tickets for the DC show were available through the pre-sale?  Or will there still be tickets available when they go on sale to the general public on Saturday?

NoVa_NoLa

Pre-sales only involve a portion of the tickets.  There will be plenty of tickets available on Saturday.  Whether or not you can beat the scalpers to them is another issue entirely.

I was trying for tix for DAR at 10 and the best that I could pull up was the back of the orchestra.  I'm going to try again on Saturday.

brkndwnbus

yeah, i've been trying the presale all day and have yet to have anything show up for the DAR show in DC. It's been rather annoying.

NoVa_NoLa

Tried for 2 seats right at 10 and pulled the back of the orchestra again, gave those up and tried for a single, and pulled row F on the aisle.   :)

brkndwnbus

I have row FF...then searched again like 5mins ago and pulled row M but don't have the money to put two sets of tickets on my card...oh well. I'll take row FF...I am moving back to MD so I am hoping I can even go. All depends on what job I land...I also have tickets for 2 days later in Philly...I better be able to go to at least one of them.

NoVa_NoLa

I did the same thing and pulled 2 seats in row M after I bought the single, but at $50 a pop I shouldn't buy anymore.  My MMJ buddies will be there, just not by my side.  :)

I'm planning to hit Philly too...I've been to festivals on the Pier, but never a stand alone concert.  That area has really developed over the last 10 years or so.  It'll be interesting to spend some time there again.