Jim James Holiday Wish

Started by LaurieBlue, Dec 26, 2006, 10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieBlue

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061225/ap_en_ot/music_the_wish_list_1

Musicians ask Santa for holiday dreams By BRET GLADSTONE and JOSH BARON

Sure, the holidays are about peace, love, and understanding. What's so funny about that? But let's face it: They're also about wish fulfillment, fantasy, magic ... and presents! With that extraordinarily self-serving purpose in mind — and wishes of seeing some of these actually come true — we asked some of our favorite musicians for a rock 'n' roll holiday fantasy. Then (because why should they have all the fun?) we added some of our own. Enjoy...

JIM JAMES, My Morning Jacket: "I'd like to find an old Victorian mansion that has not been remodeled and has only working gas lights and coal heating, tall ceilings and old wooden walls. I'd be rooting through the pantry looking for a match when I'd hear those members of The Band come back from the beyond the great divide to reunite with their mates ... and they'd team up with        George Harrison to write some songs for Sam Cooke and Marvin Gaye to duet on — they would all be practicing in the living room. I'd lay down next to the fireplace, with my head on the old wooden wall and learn a lesson or two."

JacketGal

Beautiful. Right on, Jim James. ;D
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

megisnotreal

sounds spectacular.

I used to live in a house built in 1896. That place had some interesting vibes... and ceilings over 14 ft high. I loved it.

anyway... hope Jim gets his holiday wish

mmj37

That would indeed be beautiful.

sweatboard

I'd like to be in that dream, are we invited Jim?  .......very beautiful.
There's Still Time.........

Dee.

fan75

QuoteI'd like to be in that dream, are we invited Jim?  .......very beautiful.

Oh yeah I agree that's a great dream indeed. :)

As far as Jim finding a Victorian era mansion for sale, they're not too hard to find:
Jenkins Mansion, Lancaster, Pennsylvania,  The Tulpehocken Manor is in Meyerstown, Lebanon County, PA.,  Victorian Historic Homes

But he might be a bit hard pressed to find one that's never been updated at all.

Still with his celebrity wage, he could probably afford any of them, no problem.  8-)
http://savefile.com/projects/808465307
[url]http://savefile.com/projects/808465344[/url]

sweatboard

I was watching tv last night and there was this show called "classic albums" on and it was about the band and they interviewed George Harrison.  Weird.
There's Still Time.........

cmccubbin@work

so i finally got the Beatles Anthology 2 & 3.  it was well worth it to hear George Harrison's solo acoustic versions of "Something" and "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"!  they are amazing...and he is fast becoming my favorite Beatles songwriter!  listening to those acoustic versions made me realize how much some of Jim's solo acoustic performances sound like ol' George!  BRAVO!
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

dragonboy

That's so cool! Thanks 4 posting Laurie  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.