Main Menu

8/24 Austin

Started by justinperkins, Aug 24, 2008, 11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mymonkeyfriend

seanbmf-

SO you go to to in early and talk to the band? how many people were in there for that? that is so kickass. I got to the dallas show and hour and a half before doors opened, and i was behind one hundred people. the band is gotten a lot bigger. i was pissed i couldnt make it to stubbs. best band ever.

how long does it take for ears to stop ringing?

Love Dogg

I am so envious of the stories told on page 2 of this thread.  Fawesome, for sure!
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Honest Man

The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

hudson2508

First post but was at the show last night, my 5th time to see them.  We ran into the band before the show at dinner.  We ended up giving them a cd of our friend's band that had a bluegrass cover of Phone Went West, pretty funny.  They were awesome guys, very friendly.  The setlist was amazing, wasn't expecting Evelyn or Cobra and loved both.  Lively crowd, my buddy was sitting in the VIP on the balcony and said that Jim's wipeout on his power slide was the greatest thing he has ever seen, hopefully someone has video of that.

good_evening_everyone

My gal and I were lucky enough to gain access into the Soundcheck Party.  It was amazing!  There were only probably 25 of us in there.  They opened with I'm Amazed and then asked for requests.  I screamed EMR at the same time another lady asked for Evelyn and Jim said sure thing.  They ran through Evelyn (which was played much longer and more funkier later in the night) and then kicked EMR right square in the balls.  It was the best live version I've ever witnessed (and it really looked like they loved playing it).  And then they ended with Heartbreakin' Man.  They love Austin and it really showed yesterday.

Now it's time for the ACL TV Taping.  I'm hoping for EMR again....

seanbmf

Quoteseanbmf-

SO you go to to in early and talk to the band? how many people were in there for that? that is so kickass. I got to the dallas show and hour and a half before doors opened, and i was behind one hundred people. the band is gotten a lot bigger. i was pissed i couldnt make it to stubbs. best band ever.

how long does it take for ears to stop ringing?

Those there didn't get to meet the band, but still cool none the less.
5/20/06 11/13/06 12/4/06 8/24/08 9/6/08 10/3/09MoF  10/18/10