news......

Started by DD, Jan 16, 2004, 04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DD

its whats not breaking for some reason.  :-X :-X :-X
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

otter

i now see the significance of this post. Wow. I don't know what to say.

Best of luck to them...maybe it's only temporary?

thebigbang

I kinda had a sinking feeling when I read DD's note, as I guessed this was referring to changes in the band, but no Danny? Wow! I thought John might not be available because of his health concerns, but two new members!

I've been luck enough to see them with every lineup, including original drummer J. Glenn, and they have always been an outstanding live act. Always. So I don't doubt they can still pull it off. But that will take some getting used to.

That leaves only Jim and Tom from the original members.

Anyone notice how in the two default background photographs on the website you cannot see the faces of the members? The site splash page has them all in the shadows, and the rest of the site has them wearing masks.  Coincidence? Hmmm.

Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

otter

Man this is still making me shake my head.

John where are you?
O?
Riny,When is that official bulletin coming?

lfish

Waw I spent this weekend at the sea(couldn't follow up the forum), and now I'm back, but waw what a news.  I always tought, based on interviews, that the jacket will forever remain in this setting, but now two new members and Johnny and danny are leaving. I really don't know what to say. It's like a little bit of your family is leaving.  But I can understand their decision.  Live on the road is indeed very hard.  And I also welcome the two new members, though I don't know who they are, but I guess Jim is so wise to choose the right man to do the job.

lfish

Oz

Okay, I had been away in the weekend as well and I read this topic before the "Who's in the band?"-topic, so I was really confused what the hell was going on... Wow, that's a surprise! I really didn't expect this either, especially not Johnny! Though I must admit the last time I saw him play (Nov 2003) he looked really tired, but at the time I just thought he was stoned (you know, Holland...  :)). Johnny is a founding member, indeed, so this is a shock. But then again, I can understand the touring would get to you. And we all remember "It's been a great 3 or 4 years" on Chocolate and Ice, when he almost left. And Danny... I was just starting to see his cool! Well, let's hear about those new members then.
I'm ready when you are

CC

QuoteMan this is still making me shake my head.
John where are you?
O?
Riny,When is that official bulletin coming?

I hope later today

Oz

Now, the big question about the new members is, ofcourse: do they have long hair?  ;) ;D
I'm ready when you are

Mike Nix

The new guitar player's hair is about the same as Johnny's.  The keyboard player's is about as long as Danny's.  They've been cloned! :P

Coltrane1955

it's strange...normally line-up changes in a band don't affect me that much, but this is different....after you've met them and they've shared so much music with you, you feel the loss....but hopefully they are happier this way, which is the most important thing.

maybe johnny and danny should pull a brian jones and still record with the band?!?!?

DD

um but they have to drown in the pool in order to fully "pull a brian jones"....therefore id say no.

the main focus is still there.  they will STILL rock.  it will be a little wierd not running into johnny and danny in boulder colorado when i just happen to be on vacation when they are playing there again.....ill miss things like that.  ill miss seeing danny when i open up a mojo at ramsis and start laughing hysterically as everyone around me stares at "the crazy guy".  but im still gonna be a huge fan and i cant imagine them rocking any less hard.

so ill see you guys sometime soon i hope....and ill meet the new guys.

Coltrane1955

or, you could politely ask if i meant brian wilson...which i did...

i knew there was a reason i didn't read these things...

DD

naah then theyd just lie in bed and take drugs.

Stephanie

I am a big fan of MMJ not only because my brother is Danny Cash, but because the music is great!! I went to to the show at Headliners in Louisville, KY and had one of the proudest nights ever, to see my brother doing what he loved!  I was front and center stage, Jim's hair was stuck in my fingers!! I can not even describe how much fun I had!  :D  I am so very sad to see him go, but I know he will be happy.  He got to do some great things, but we his family missed him while he was away and we are glad his home!