Main Menu

Tucson

Started by mateo, Sep 25, 2008, 03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desert rat

Just got home.  Standard set tonight with a smaller crowd.  Think the first two songs were "I'm Amazed" and "Evil Urges."  A lot of material from the last two albums.  No deep covers.  "The Bear" was about as far as they went, and it was awesome. Closed with "One Big Holiday" and it was great.

getinthevan

Well, The Bear is about as far back as they can go.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Erik26

The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

blucas

disagree with the standard comment:

into the woods...the bear...just one thing...steam engine...rollin back (or was that the night before in phoenix?)

soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

desert rat

yeah, "standard" maybe wasn't the word I was lookin for.  It wasn't meant to be a negative. What I was trying to get across was that it wasn't crazy long (22 songs, I think, and the show started late) and didn't feature any covers or an abundance of non-album tracks.  

It was however a rocking show.  Not a ton of people in attendance.  I thought the sound was fine.  It was crazy loud and if you were standing further back, it might have been richocheting around.  Don't know if that might be the muddiness referred to.  I was down front.

Lots of Jim in the cape, but not a lot of chatting.  The crowd that was there was good and seemed to be rocking out.  "The Bear" is one of my favorite tracks so that was probably the highlight.  "Sexy Librarian" was a bit of a surprise.  All the tracks from the new album were great including "Highly Suspicious" which really has to be heard live, I think.  I'd heard them soundcheck "I'm Amazed" so wasn't surprised when they opened with it.  

Any MMJ show is great, but this one didn't top the show I saw in Denver in Jan of 07.  Now that show was off-the-hook.  Maybe the best show I've seen by anybody.