Main Menu

Langerado?

Started by Jon_Glass, Dec 07, 2008, 02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyG

Any speculation as to if they boys will be playing at the Miami festival the first weekend of March? They killed a couple years ago when they headlined Langerado.

NoVa_NoLa

The line up was finally released today...no Jacket...yet.   :)

From the looks of the line up, they may still have a headliner or two to announce:

Death Cab For Cutie • Snoop Dogg • Thievery Corporation (Live) •
Slightly Stoopid • Ryan Adams and the Cardinals • Dashboard
Confessional • The Pogues • Matisyahu • Flogging Molly • Michael
Franti & Spearhead • Broken Social Scene • Cafe Tacuba • Umphrey's
McGee • The Disco Biscuits • Robert Randolph & The Family Band •
Pepper • The Faint • Cold War Kids • Steel Pulse • Public Enemy • Gym Class Heroes • Tricky • Girl Talk • Chromeo • Mute Math • Bad Brains • Ozomatli • Against Me! • Tortoise • DeVotchKa • George Clinton & Parliament / Funkadelic • Black Kids • Grupo Fantasma • Holy F*ck • Budos Band • Tokyo Police Club • Lotus • The Virgins • The Gaslight Anthem • King Khan and the Shrines • Lucero • Murs • Ra Ra Riot •Tortured Soul • Rebelution • K'Naan • The Egg • Zac Brown Band •Tigercity • The Aggrolites • Cloud Cult • Spam Allstars • Rachel Goodrich • Blue King Brown • The Heavy Pets • Awesome New Republic •The Postmarks • Suenalo Sound System •

ALady

That lineup is kind of weaksauce.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

NoVa_NoLa

QuoteThat lineup is kind of weaksauce.

Agree...looks like they didn't have much money to spend on talent.  Still hoping for a couple of good headliners.  For my money, they could drop a bunch of those bigger named, but not very good acts (Snoop, Matisyahu) and book smaller, lesser known folks.   I am still surprised that no band from New Orleans was booked...but then again, I am a little baised.  :)

ALady

I hope you're right, NoLa - maybe they'll add some headliners.  My main complaint is that 80% of that lineup was on the festival circuit last year...there's not really any big or new names to draw people in.

It's got a nice undercard, and if I lived in Miami I'd probably go, but I wouldn't travel for it.

Penny Lane

Death Cab is no headliner. Snoop would be fun to see, though. Looks like the only real exciting additions are RA and the Cardinals and Lucero.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

NoVa_NoLa

You know, I was excited to see Snoop on the festival circuit last summer and thought the he would be good, but all of the reviews that I read were pretty bad.  :(  I did check out Matisyahu the first time he played Langerado, but I think this is his 3rd straight appearance...There are some goodies listed though and I just noticed the Pogues.  :)

I have really good friends in Miami, so I usually kick off festival season with them at Langerado and we'll probably go again in '09.  If this event were anywhere else (and without MMJ on the bill), I probably wouldn't be going.

ALady

I remember the lineup being very appealing in years past, but it's too close to SXSW and...yeah, I gotta go with SX   :D