mmj mentioned on gilmore girls

Started by racsans, Mar 12, 2007, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

racsans

not that i watch the show someone told me mmj was mentioned in last weeks show :)

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

aMD

Quotesweet!

Woah, I can't believe you watch the Gilmore Girls!

What did they say?  I can just see it:

teen girl #1: Isn't that Jim James guy a hottie?
teen girl #2: Yeah, but his band is okay, I guess. But they have too many songs about Jesus?
teen girl #1: Yeah, what IS that about?  I just think the way they dress is cool.
teen girl #2: I bet my parents would be so pissed if I dated Jim James!
teen girl #1: Sweet!
teen girl #2: I know!
teen girl #1: You little slut!
teen girl #2: Shut up!

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteWoah, I can't believe you watch the Gilmore Girls

I didn't say that;  I was commenting on how a mainstream, successful television show had dialog that was concerning MMJ.  Accordingly, those thoughtful souls who write for the show are either fans themselves, or have heard about MMJ, and the audience (myself not included, despite the hottness of the stars) gets a free education about our favorite band.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Angry Ewok

I don't care if Girls Gone Wild mentions MMJ - just about any name-dropping is awesome to me.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

aMD

QuoteWoah, I can't believe you watch the Gilmore Girls

I didn't say that;  I was commenting on how a mainstream, successful television show had dialog that was concerning MMJ.  Accordingly, those thoughtful souls who write for the show are either fans themselves, or have heard about MMJ, and the audience (myself not included, despite the hottness of the stars) gets a free education about our favorite band.

defensive much?  Chill out.  I thought i quoted racsan, but I accidentally quoted you.  I too think the name dropping is cool.  I still have the seventeen that the boys were in after ISM came out (I got it from my little sister), because I think it's hilarious but obviously good for the band.

So, seriously, what did they say?  I won't tease you all anymore about watching the Gilmore Girls?  Rascan?  Conaway? Anyone?

megisnotreal

sometimes at work, i will hear the dave ramsey people playing bits of mmj songs into and back from commercials. the producer digs them, and those tiny bits of song bring so much light into an otherwise abysmal experience. i imagine the same must be true for the gilmore girls.

Jaimoe

The Gilmore Girls reference 'hip' pop culture often. In one episode a year or two ago, there was a scene involving mistrels playing in the park. One group of minstrels playing live (and were actually playing live!) was Sonic Youth. I'm not a fan of the show (my wife is an addict) but it has some pretty clever dialogue and I admire any program that mentions Frank Zappa in a non-throwaway kind of way.

CC

can't remember the exact dialogue but it went something like this:

dude at restaurant. mix cd. classic rocky. my morning jacket. neil young. wolfmother. led zeppelin. omelet. steak sandwich. circumcision.

Jaimoe

That's a good mix CD, except for the last part...

JxD1903

QuoteI don't care if Girls Gone Wild mentions MMJ - just about any name-dropping is awesome to me.

agreeed.
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

DaFunkyPrecedent

it would be real cool if Jesus mentioned them once he decends from the heavens.  
God damn those shaky knees.

cmccubbin@work

Quoteit would be real cool if Jesus mentioned them once he decends from the heavens.  

mention them?!?

don't you know the Big J's theme music is One Big Holiday...'cause its about heaven.
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

ms. yvon

i used to ride my bike through the 'gilmore girls' town set every morning at work when i worked on the warner bros. lot.  it was especially cool when the set was dressed for east coast winter during the west coast fall.   :D
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ratsprayer

grant lee phillips actually played/plays a reoccuring character on gilmore girls.  it has indie cred, peeps.  don't be 'fraid.

megisnotreal

Quotegrant lee phillips actually played/plays a reoccuring character on gilmore girls.  it has indie cred, peeps.  don't be 'fraid.

i have seen the previews for this show, and the mom is hot.

ps: love the wesley willis signature, rats.

primushead

megisnotreal

.Walt

QuoteI don't care if Girls Gone Wild mentions MMJ - just about any name-dropping is awesome to me.

what if it was on guys gone wild?....not like i watch that commercial :-[ :-/
Much Greater Than Science Fiction