Started by The_DARK, Mar 26, 2007, 10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

I'm bored and could use a few laughs, so here goes:

Here is the proper posessive conjugation of "My guitar":
Mahgeetah                                Owhgeetah
Yogeetah                                  Yogeetah
He/She/Itgeetah                        Deygeetah

The indecipherable crooning heard in such songs as "Steam Engine" are to be used as interjections. They are expressed by typing 15+ unrelated letters of the alphabet.

In the case that a word of an MMJ song is not known, this same 15+ letter pattern is to be used in that case also.

If excessive reverb is used, every other letter in the lyrics is to be capitalized.

:)
In another time, in another place, in another face

megisnotreal

an MMJ

that's what i thought this thread was going to be about.

if i refer to the band by its initials, i find myself preceeding that with "an;" however; this is gramatically incorrect.

anyone else do the same?

i need your support.

BH

That's a good question that I always wondered.   I think it should be an MMJ but I don't know the rule.

It's kind of like when you say a batter had 97 RBI's.  It's Runs Batted In, so you are actually saying Runs Batted In's witch makes no sense so some people say the batter had 97 RBI.  

WTF am I talking about? :-?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

peanut butter puddin surprise

it depends upon context...for instance:

"It's an MMJ thing, you wouldn't understand"

or

"I saw a MMJ member the other day"
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

mjkoehler

WTF am I talking about? :-?

dude, you total blew my f'n mind  :o ;D

The DARK

an MMJ

that's what i thought this thread was going to be about.

if i refer to the band by its initials, i find myself preceeding that with "an;" however; this is gramatically incorrect.

anyone else do the same?

i need your support.
I do the same. I think that when letters of the alpabet are pronounced, they are preceded with "an." I'll check with my English teacher on that.

ms. yvon

QuoteI'm bored and could use a few laughs, so here goes:

The indecipherable crooning heard in such songs as "Steam Engine" are to be used as interjections. They are expressed by typing 15+ unrelated letters of the alphabet.

In the case that a word of an MMJ song is not known, this same 15+ letter pattern is to be used in that case also.

If excessive reverb is used, every other letter in the lyrics is to be capitalized.

:)
;D ;D ;D

ahh, Dark, you have just lifted the brutal sting of dumb work stuff from my day.

also, i'm of the "an MMJ is proper" disposition.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Deez

I believe the rule is that if the first consanent of the word is pronounced w/ a vowel sound first like Em-mj, AN is correct...as in I'm getting an MMJ inspired owl and bear tattoo tonight.
I do not like RBI's...I prefer: Alfonso Soriano will have plenty of RIBBIES this year for the Cubbies!
You had me worried!!!

BH

QuoteI believe the rule is that if the first consanent of the word is pronounced w/ a vowel sound first like Em-mj, AN is correct...as in I'm getting an MMJ inspired owl and bear tattoo tonight.
I do not like RBI's...I prefer: Alfonso Soriano will have plenty of RIBBIES this year for the Cubbies!

Too bad their pitchers will have such shitty ERA's!   ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

The DARK

QuoteI believe the rule is that if the first consanent of the word is pronounced w/ a vowel sound first like Em-mj, AN is correct...as in I'm getting an MMJ inspired owl and bear tattoo tonight.

Too bad their pitchers will have such shitty ERA's!   ;)
Just because Prior and Wood are always out.  ::)

ms. yvon

when one looks up mmj in the glossary, this is what they will read:  Rampant Bad-assery.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

TheBigChicken

you people have TMFT on your hands..... ;)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

BH

you people?.......[size=36]you people?[/size]

;)

Angry Ewok

Quoteyou people have TMFT on your hands..... ;)

Sounds like we've got an [highlight][size=14]outsider [/size][/highlight]in our midst.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ms. yvon

or so the germans would have us believe...  :-?