Your pre-show routine

Started by AlBorland, Apr 22, 2010, 10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlBorland

How do you guys like to handle the week of/day of leading up to a show as far as your Jacket listening goes?  Do you try to immerse yourself in as much Jacket as possible to get in the mood, or do you try to steer clear of any Jacket listening for as long as possible pre-show so that it sounds fresher?

AMightyCaporal

I usually just stand in the middle of the room jumping up and down and shaking my hands screaming "ohmygodohmygodohmygod" really fast at the top of my lungs until I cry and pass out for 4-7 hours.  Then I wake up do it again until the day of the show.  then I'm cool as a cucumber.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

twofingers

QuoteI usually just stand in the middle of the room jumping up and down and shaking my hands screaming "ohmygodohmygodohmygod" really fast at the top of my lungs until I cry and pass out for 4-7 hours.  Then I wake up do it again until the day of the show.  then I'm cool as a cucumber.

That really made me laugh.

It varies by act for me. In regards to MMJ though, I immerse myself in nothing but them for a few days and then quit cold turkey for a week or so until the day of the show where I listen to some of my favorite live sets to get me extra pumped.

I'm making an exception this time around though because of the Birmingham show :)
[url="//www.thesteamengine.net"]www.thesteamengine.net[/url]

SaraBananaBear

QuoteI usually just stand in the middle of the room jumping up and down and shaking my hands screaming "ohmygodohmygodohmygod" really fast at the top of my lungs until I cry and pass out for 4-7 hours.  Then I wake up do it again until the day of the show.  then I'm cool as a cucumber.

Hahaha, I have a feeling this is how I would do it too, haha  :D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

capt. scotty

I try not to listen to too much MMJ in the upcoming days before a show.

The night before a show, I like to eat a big pasta dinner to load up on the carbs so Im good for the marathon the next day. Then the day of the show, I only eat a granola bar or something so the beers go straight from the belly to the brain
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TEO

We like to listen to some of our favorite cuts on the way to the show...on the way to Columbus I will throw in some MOF as well. I am more of a pre-show kind of guy than post because sometimes I feel like otherwise enjoyable small talk is a bit moot after a Jacket show...Will be scanning the crowd for old friends as well as some noobs...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Haldon

Much like twofingers, I will listen to MMJ non-stop until about a week or so before the show.  Then I'll cut myself off from it until the day of, where I'll just blast that shit till my ears bleed with PUMPOSITY.

On the day of the show my routine is pretty simple.  Smoke some green friends, drink lots of beer, and get to the venue early in order to buy a poster (which was a really epic feat in an of itself for the NYE show in NYC; see freezing my ass off in a tux).